Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ultra Pet Jewels and how they affect pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2013
Please can someone explain what they do? I trained my fire pet all the way up to ultra received a thinking cap jewel and nothing? It says talents should improve but nothing Help please? Many Thanks

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Ultra Pet Jewels on Sep 12, 2020 wrote:
Please can someone explain what they do? I trained my fire pet all the way up to ultra received a thinking cap jewel and nothing? It says talents should improve but nothing Help please? Many Thanks
Thinking cap increases your pet's statistic called "Will" by up to 65.

Different pet jewels can give or improve different talents. You can look up what the jewels do here.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Pet_Jewels#axzz6YKHmgTQf

Pet Statistics, Talents and Powers Your pet has Statistics.
They are called Strength, Intellect, Agility, Will, and Power. Each statistic will boost its Talents and help it in the Pet Derby.

Here is how your pet’s statistics help you in magic duels:
Strength affects Damage Talents, Power Pip chance Talents, and Resistance Talents.
Intellect affects Mana Talents, accuracy Talents, and Power Pip Talents. Derby.
Agility affects Health Talents, Accuracy Talents, and Resistance Talents.
Will affects Health Talents and Mana Talents.
Power as its name indicates, is very powerful and affects Health Talents, Mana Talents, Accuracy Talents, Damage Talents, Power Pip chance Talents, and Resistance Talents.

Some Talents give your pet a chance to cast a spell to help you in magic duels!

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/pets-mounts/pet-statistics-talents-and-powers-17861

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
More generally, don't train pets to Ultra unless you have an Ultra jewel you plan to use. Upgrading the socket isn't worthwhile otherwise.