Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There Should be More Pet Levels!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
I think that there should be more pet levels because you go through the five levels too quickly. I think that there should be like an Elder level and a Perfect level. And there should be more than just those five because if you're level ninety or just don't have a membership, then that's one of the few things to do.

Brandon SoulThief

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
just open all 8 levels and be done with it! I NEVER understood why they restrict the levels to opening new ones once every few years. Open them all, and leave them that way. We will either train our pets, or not.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Why only 5 levels? Because there's not many talents worth the energy, time, and 50 Golden Wheat Mega Snacks to train 2000 points from Epic to Mega. Hard pressed to tell me the value of MC Fairy, Tower, etc is worth that jazz when the pet doesn't, won't, or isn't gonna do those talents. I imagine if they did open more talent slots it would go to 3000 training points, etc....not worth it especially with no guarantee of what the talent is and if it is a MC talent if it even works.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Jake the Wizard on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
Why only 5 levels? Because there's not many talents worth the energy, time, and 50 Golden Wheat Mega Snacks to train 2000 points from Epic to Mega. Hard pressed to tell me the value of MC Fairy, Tower, etc is worth that jazz when the pet doesn't, won't, or isn't gonna do those talents. I imagine if they did open more talent slots it would go to 3000 training points, etc....not worth it especially with no guarantee of what the talent is and if it is a MC talent if it even works.
Because there's not many talents worth the energy, time

True, there's not that many talents worth it, but do you have every talent you want from your pet? I don't. There are other abilities my phoenix can have.

I have: Fireshot, Mana Gift, Fire-Proof, Spritely, Fire Trap
I want: Pip-o-plenty, Fire-giver, Fireblade
Ones that are give or take: Fire Shield, Health Gift

50 Golden Wheat Mega Snacks to train 2000 points from Epic to Mega

What snacks you choose to use are up to you. I have bought snacks with gold and never with crowns and while it takes me a bit longer than other people, I don't spend money I don't have.

Hard pressed to tell me the value of MC Fairy, Tower, etc is worth that jazz when the pet doesn't, won't, or isn't gonna do those talents.

If you get all the talents you want, when you want them, then I'd agree with you, but we both know it doesnt happen that way. If they opened up all the talents, then we'd be guaranteed to get what we want provided we have the patience to train all the way to level 8. yes it costs money and time, but that's the price we pay for the extra assistance.

I imagine if they did open more talent slots it would go to 3000 training points,

Well, if the current pattern holds true:

L6 - 4,000
L7 - 8,000
L8 - 16,000
L9 - 32,000
L10 - 64,000

A TON of points and very slow going, which is why many of us (myself included) have suggested ways to help us train our pets. Even if they DON'T implement our ideas (one or more), that won't stop me (and others) from training. I'll keep plodding along, taking however long it will take to get all my abilities, buying the great snacks as I need to, with gold only, so that it speeds things up.

not worth it especially with no guarantee of what the talent is and if it is a MC talent if it even works.

There's places you can find what talent a pet has before you ever train it once. the Central website lists all the talents they've discovered and links to what they all do. I will have you check them before you spend any time training a pet to see if it's worth it.

If a MC talent doesn't work the way it should, then it needs to be fixed. I can't complain about my pet's MC's; they work just fine.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I'd love another level. It's so fun to see what my pet will do next!