Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talent re-roll system

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 30, 2018
791
I can't stress enough how much of a high RNG base theme this game is a mmorpg. From packs to the in games farm-able contents to fishing and now pet training this has been the official norms of ways to make money which i get it, its a business first fun after. However, giving the amount of time and energy and money is required to make a pet am offering a solution that can still help you guys make money while giving players an equal oppertunity in creating the pets they desire without the hassle of extreme rng within the system. The manifested re-roll talent selection. With this new theme selection for the price of 50 crowns increasing per tries limited to 24 hrs reset a player can deselect 1 talent and re roll said talent into another random talent within the pool other than the one they deselected. Since pets norm carry 10 talents within the pool which honestly is a LOT between randomness, I believe this new system will become very useful and very helpful to those who can afford it because lets be real one party alone cannot benefit from the outcome. So with that being said i for one would 100% support the idea of allowing players to have a much better access towards their pools, even tho several hatches are still required to fix a pet.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
255
angellifeheart on Sep 24, 2019 wrote:
I can't stress enough how much of a high RNG base theme this game is a mmorpg. From packs to the in games farm-able contents to fishing and now pet training this has been the official norms of ways to make money which i get it, its a business first fun after. However, giving the amount of time and energy and money is required to make a pet am offering a solution that can still help you guys make money while giving players an equal oppertunity in creating the pets they desire without the hassle of extreme rng within the system. The manifested re-roll talent selection. With this new theme selection for the price of 50 crowns increasing per tries limited to 24 hrs reset a player can deselect 1 talent and re roll said talent into another random talent within the pool other than the one they deselected. Since pets norm carry 10 talents within the pool which honestly is a LOT between randomness, I believe this new system will become very useful and very helpful to those who can afford it because lets be real one party alone cannot benefit from the outcome. So with that being said i for one would 100% support the idea of allowing players to have a much better access towards their pools, even tho several hatches are still required to fix a pet.
Agreed - as someone who got Myth Assailant on 4 rain cores at mega or epic, I'd love to be able to reroll that to see if I could get that last crit talent or a damage talent.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
8
agreed

love this idea.
it would actually pursuade me to bring back previously failed pets and spend time and $ on them.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
139
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
307
pet system is fine its easy to make a copy of any pet in 4-10 hatches. any changes to the pet system would be a loss of $$ to KI honestly. Pets is big money and what is the #1 item bough from the crown shop??? the mega snack pack yes we know its a rip but players are lazy and that's what we buy the most followed up with energy bottles, timer rests and then packs.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
139
masterryan1969 on Dec 11, 2019 wrote:
pet system is fine its easy to make a copy of any pet in 4-10 hatches. any changes to the pet system would be a loss of $$ to KI honestly. Pets is big money and what is the #1 item bough from the crown shop??? the mega snack pack yes we know its a rip but players are lazy and that's what we buy the most followed up with energy bottles, timer rests and then packs.
If a talent re-roll would cost a flat price of 1000 Crowns or it was incremental based on the age of the pet (125 for a Teen re-roll, 250 for Adult, 500 for Ancient, 750 for Epic, and 1000 for every subsequent Mega roll) they could profit a good amount. You may think this would result in one-and-done purchases where a lot of players would get their dream pet and never spend another cent. You would not be wrong, and I believe that would be the case for some. But I can assure you that players like myself would spend a lot on this feature. I have max Evil Magma Pea gardens on each Wizard with plenty of energy gear to go around. I have no need to spend Crowns on pets whatsoever and I am fairly happy with the pet builds I've accumulated over the years. That said, I would immediately have a good 20 more pets to return to and work on under this system. I'd love it. I will not spend too much on gambling, but I will gladly spend money on things I can have more control over. This applies to my self control regarding packs as well.

On a similar note, I've argued that a reduction in hatching gold cost would lead to an increase in Crown sales. Just some food for thought.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
3
masterryan1969 on Dec 11, 2019 wrote:
pet system is fine its easy to make a copy of any pet in 4-10 hatches. any changes to the pet system would be a loss of $$ to KI honestly. Pets is big money and what is the #1 item bough from the crown shop??? the mega snack pack yes we know its a rip but players are lazy and that's what we buy the most followed up with energy bottles, timer rests and then packs.
So, I see what you mean. Players aren't lazy it is just frustrating to be working on a pet to get that last talent to not get the talent and get garbage instead. This would truly help most of the community but it is all in opinion. I feel it would make KI more $ because of the fact that more of it would be bought. Do you even buy 7 mega snack packs everyday or something? I don't. Most of the time players don't have time and gold to breed 10+ pets every 5 minutes. I see where you are going but in the end it would be worth it for players and KI. But as I said, It is all in opinion.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
220
Matthew Raven 55 on Dec 12, 2019 wrote:
If a talent re-roll would cost a flat price of 1000 Crowns or it was incremental based on the age of the pet (125 for a Teen re-roll, 250 for Adult, 500 for Ancient, 750 for Epic, and 1000 for every subsequent Mega roll) they could profit a good amount. You may think this would result in one-and-done purchases where a lot of players would get their dream pet and never spend another cent. You would not be wrong, and I believe that would be the case for some. But I can assure you that players like myself would spend a lot on this feature. I have max Evil Magma Pea gardens on each Wizard with plenty of energy gear to go around. I have no need to spend Crowns on pets whatsoever and I am fairly happy with the pet builds I've accumulated over the years. That said, I would immediately have a good 20 more pets to return to and work on under this system. I'd love it. I will not spend too much on gambling, but I will gladly spend money on things I can have more control over. This applies to my self control regarding packs as well.

On a similar note, I've argued that a reduction in hatching gold cost would lead to an increase in Crown sales. Just some food for thought.
i like the thought on the re-roll prices its fair even at mega for 2000 crowns per reroll i'd literally burn 10k if need be to reroll or for gods sake let us choose what talent in the gene pool is at mega idk how many times i've failed with pets even before the kiosk was added in but i've have severe trouble with one specific pet as of late 15 times as a matter of fact every single its failed with either (storm ward, death ward, hearty, mc tower or pip chance) mainly mc tower and its been a real bane of my existance of training a pet i've never had a pet be this bad my entirety of training pets even making them a 2.0 double/triple or 2.0 quad/proof at this point i'd literally pay 5k crowns just to literally choose the talent it gets at mega idk why we have to suffer with pets failing at mega constantly over and over when an easy solution is making a potion to re-roll 3 choice talents and replace one in the gene pool that hasnt shown