Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells given by pets...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
I have a baby Ghost Dragon which gives 'Animate'. If I advance her to teen does she stop giving that card?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
nope

a pet that has a card always has it from the moment it reaches that age

so you can go ahead and train ghost dragon worry free

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
If I may add on to this question,

When hatching this ghost dragon with another pet (lets say a hound), does the child pet have a chance of getting the spell card too? Does it depend on type or associated pet school, or just not at all, or maybe always?

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
RottenHeart on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:

When hatching this ghost dragon with another pet (lets say a hound), does the child pet have a chance of getting the spell card too? Does it depend on type or associated pet school, or just not at all, or maybe always?
If your hatch is a ghost dragon yes it gets the card - if it's a hound then no card.

In other words, in order to get a pet with a card you must get that same pet in the hatch.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
RottenHeart on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:

The card is associated with the specific pet - every ghost dragon will give the animate card.

The new exception to this rule, seems to be the new drake pet with the latest nightmare pack. It gives a different card depending on the age of the pet - but still, the cards remain the same at each level for every drake.