Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some new pet ability ideas

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
If any of these ideas would negatively impact PvP, then make it a PvE change only

1) if a pet has a spell card, that spell card should be have a base accuracy of 100%. What I'm talking about is like this: I have a pet phoenix who has a spell card of a grand phoenix spell card added to my deck. When I cast the Grand Phoenix, it should ALWAYS hit. How often are pet card spells really used in a battle? Even with reshuffle it wouldnt have much of an impact on battles, would it?

2) If pets start gaining experience thru battles, they should have their own attack, that's similar to wand spells; just a school based magic attack. Perhaps it would start at once per 10 rounds at level 1, then once per round at level 10. This would help offset the problem of us wizards not getting enough pips at the beginning of the battles as enemies get more and more with each new world

3) If pets have spell cards that get added to our decks when they're equipped, and we have those same spell cards actively placed in our decks that are equipped, then our cards should be upgraded to the level of that card. In order to not have this get TOTALLY out of hand, this is something that would ONLY be a benefit if you were using a school aligned pet. What I mean is if you're fire, it would only work on fire pets, if you were a storm, it would only work on storm pets, etc.

Using my Phoenix pet as an example, all my Phoenix school spells should be upgraded to Grand Phoenix status. Instead of dealing 515 - 595 with a normal phoenix, it should do 540-620 damage, -45% accuracy every time. If you had a Scarecrow pet, it would upgrade your damage from 400 damage per enemy to 525 per enemy using the Ominous Scarecrow version