Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Second Chance for pet talents?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
I've had a pet for a while that was amazing up to epic, but once it got to mega it got a talent I really didn't want. With all the time and some crowns I had put into training it, it was a huge let down to see it suddenly fail at the final, most difficult level to reach. I think we should be given an extra chance to have the pet learn one of it's other talents that it has available. Not being forced to train those 2000 points (or whatever level your pet fails at) again, and paying (crowns?) for a second chance at talents it didnt get the first time. I'm not sure how it should be priced, but since it could be a big short cut maybe around the price of a mega snack pack since I'm sure it wouldn't go for anything cheaper. I know others have made suggestions about completely retraining a pet, but I don't see why we should have to when we've already poured so much into it for the first failure.

So what does everyone else think? Too easy/simple, or a good idea? If you have an idea of your own for something like this, please post it. I really hope KI will consider doing something about the pets that just barely miss the mark you wanted (especially when it's from the mega talent).

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
freeze13 on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
I've had a pet for a while that was amazing up to epic, but once it got to mega it got a talent I really didn't want. With all the time and some crowns I had put into training it, it was a huge let down to see it suddenly fail at the final, most difficult level to reach. I think we should be given an extra chance to have the pet learn one of it's other talents that it has available. Not being forced to train those 2000 points (or whatever level your pet fails at) again, and paying (crowns?) for a second chance at talents it didnt get the first time. I'm not sure how it should be priced, but since it could be a big short cut maybe around the price of a mega snack pack since I'm sure it wouldn't go for anything cheaper. I know others have made suggestions about completely retraining a pet, but I don't see why we should have to when we've already poured so much into it for the first failure.

So what does everyone else think? Too easy/simple, or a good idea? If you have an idea of your own for something like this, please post it. I really hope KI will consider doing something about the pets that just barely miss the mark you wanted (especially when it's from the mega talent).
Something similar to this is a good idea.

Many weeks ago I debated training my pet to epic, note that I don't spend crowns on pet snacks or pagoda and what not. At ancient it had may cast tower shield, may cast fairy, +9 resist. Then I suddenly get blade furry giving me a storm blade!?!

You may say no big deal, but because I put effort into making my pet good, I have been personally rejected for hatching and I was even harassed because I had storm blade card on my pet!

If you have an useless talent no one will hatch with you, in fact a bunch more people asked to hatch with me before I trained my pet to epic. And now, finding a good pet is ultra rare. I have asked my friends if the storm blade makes my pet less appealing, they all say yes, and it is true!

I was even harassed today because my pet had storm blade. I was in the hatchery when about 3 people asked to hatch with me (adult pets, no good talents), then this guy with a pet similar to mine, minus the storm blade, comes over and says, "wow your pet "soaks"" (and more!) He then says I have pierce and that is way better than storm blade. Later he gloats, "Hey, I just got someone with an awesome pet to hatch with me." I try to make it sound like I don't care. Also, if you want to know, he was reported for basically defaming my pet in front of a crowd, and griefing/harassment.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
There's a NPC in Diablo that likes to say "Too much pain, not enough profit."

That's basically how I feel about training pets to Mega. I personally have had no luck getting a talent that makes me happy at Mega. My solution would be when your pet reaches Mega, a screen pops up with a choice of two talents from your pool and you can choose which one you want. Then at least I would be more motivated to train more pets to mega.