Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rescue Rover

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2010
So I've opened many of the Yuletide packs in an attempt to obtain this pet. I was of course disappointed to not have gotten this pet, I brushed it off and went about my 101 life. Then I was talking with a friend who had also made an attempt at getting the Rover and failed. With the new pack sale I purchased a few more packs with this friend but both decided it was probably for the best to stop buying packs in an attempt to not have a repeat of our last spending sprees. I began to think that it was possible the pet somehow was not actually available anymore so I looked online and nothing saying it wasn't, but nothing confirming it still was. I began to question if perhaps the pack "malfunctioned" and want to ask you guys if you've not been getting this adorable pet.

TL;DR Is anyone else having extreme difficulty acquiring the rescue rover pet?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
I've gotten the pet from the pack quite a few times until it has annoyed me.

If you're not having any luck from packs though, you can try:

Farming for it

Hatching with one.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
mattmagoo1 on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
So I've opened many of the Yuletide packs in an attempt to obtain this pet. I was of course disappointed to not have gotten this pet, I brushed it off and went about my 101 life. Then I was talking with a friend who had also made an attempt at getting the Rover and failed. With the new pack sale I purchased a few more packs with this friend but both decided it was probably for the best to stop buying packs in an attempt to not have a repeat of our last spending sprees. I began to think that it was possible the pet somehow was not actually available anymore so I looked online and nothing saying it wasn't, but nothing confirming it still was. I began to question if perhaps the pack "malfunctioned" and want to ask you guys if you've not been getting this adorable pet.

You can also try to get the pet through hatching and I believe it is a boss drop too.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
Star Edward on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
I've gotten the pet from the pack quite a few times until it has annoyed me.

If you're not having any luck from packs though, you can try:

Farming for it

Hatching with one.

I saw it was a drop, but it is only seasonal right?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
mattmagoo1 on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:

I can hatch with you if you want since mine isn't very useful for me it failed and its ice so there is the bonus :)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
mattmagoo1 on Jan 31, 2018 wrote:
I saw it was a drop, but it is only seasonal right?
Precisely.

Lord Nightshade for example drops it. It's also available from doing a couple runs in Mirror Lake (where I got a couple of mine).