Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rank 1 pets upgrade.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
Hey, i've got a pet that summons a minion, and its on ancient and its still a rank 1 summon? i've seen other people summon them and there rank 4? how come mines not gone up?
even though i thought every grow from baby -> teen maybe been rank 2?

ah somebody help me please, thanks.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I can only think of two possibilities:
If your pet is casting the spell by itself... your pet has no pips, it can't spend extra pips for higher rank versions of minions.

If your pet is giving you the reanimate card, you need to build up more pips to summon higher minions. When you cast a spell, and the spell card comes from your pet, the game makes your pet move around and it looks like your pet cast the spell.

@fourmyant you obvously do not have a myth school wizard. If you do: You may have noticed that some of your minion spells cost X. I am talking about the cyclops minion and the war horn minion.
I suggest casting the cyclops minion spell at one pip, make a note of the minion's rank. Then, cast the same cyclops minion spell when you have four pips, make a note of the new minion's rank. Keep in mind that this minion spell will use as many of your pips (up to four) as it can when you cast it. If you have power pips the summon will count them as two. You may need to take off equipment and go to a low level area to do this experiment properly.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Um, hate to break the news to you, but Animate is a Death school spell, so unless your character is Death, each power pip your character has will only count as one pip, and being its an X spell, it consumes up to fourteen pips. You will be at the mercy of the minion to do the heavy hitting for quite some time.

I really think KingsIsle should point this stuff out to new players.

I have ragged enough about Animate, surely a search from Google will bring up my opinions on the spell.

If you are shopping for Crown pets, may I suggest the dragons that come with the December gift cards, they give Dragonblade, a zero pip Balance spell that any school can use, and since its a Blade, stays with the caster; someone who joins your battle can't hit it like the Hex trap from some dragon pet from another month's gift card.

There may be Celestia pets that are better; in the future what pets rock will be known but not now.

See, you might change your mind about the character you created because of its school; your only solution is to train a new character from scratch. You can put the dragon in the shared bank, switch characters, go to the shared bank and take it out.

One other observation - as you get higher in level, you naturally want a bigger deck. As the size of the deck increases, the chance of any one spell showing up in your hand becomes lower, including your pet's spell. Using the level 50 decks you can go through many a battle before that pet card shows up. BUT - any talents the pet has, for instance a boost to hits or accuracy, is on for the entire battle. That is to say, the talents may have more value to you than the card!