Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raising your pet to Ultra

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
If your pet has all it's talents at Mega is there any reason to raise it to Ultra.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I been wondering about that too. What is the reason for Ultra when there is no gain? I feel it's waste of time and pet snacks. I know pets are able to take certain jewels at Ultra but can we wizards save the hassle and make those jewels Mega?

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
When you get there, you are rewarded with an ultra level pet jewel.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Leveling up that high will not unlock any further talents for your pet, and the jewel you earn at Ultra will only give selfish talents.

Therefore, the only reason it's worth the effort of training up to Ultra, is if you already have a great ultra-level star jewel for your pet.

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Nov 16, 2016
The only reasons I can think of are:

1. If you want to equip a pet jewel that requires an Ultra pet. I'm currently training a pet to Ultra to use a Fishing Luck jewel.

2. To get a jewel, but my understanding is they are usually nothing special.

3. I'm not sure if an Ultra pet is better than Mega for playing Grub Guardian.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Freshta on Sep 21, 2018 wrote:
Leveling up that high will not unlock any further talents for your pet, and the jewel you earn at Ultra will only give selfish talents.

Therefore, the only reason it's worth the effort of training up to Ultra, is if you already have a great ultra-level star jewel for your pet.

Alia Misthaven
100% agree!

The only reason to raise a pet to Ultra is when you have a pet jewel (star) that you really want to use but can not add unless the pet is Ultra.

I never take a pet beyond Mega unless I want to add a jewel that requires Ultra. Even then, I only do it if I already have the jewel!

PS. Please note that 'Ultra Energy' can be equipped at Ancient. The word 'Ultra' is part of it's name, not it's requirement. Always check whether the jewel specifies it requires level Ultra before training further to use it. I took 2 pets to Ultra before finding out I could have added those jewels at Ancient! ROFL

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
you can equip an Ultra pet with an additional jewel. If you choose a jewel with a "selfish" trait, like Mighty, the damage or resist that your pet provides you with will be increased. KI is also selling gift cards with dual-trait jewels that do things like maycasts and increased pip chance.

So your awesome Mega Pet can be a little bit more awesomer as an Ultra Pet.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
I thank everyone for their input on this subject,if getting a jewel is the only reason it's not worth the effort or time

Explorer
Nov 11, 2010
Survivor
Mar 19, 2013
Usually you can add a jewel once your pet is Ultra