Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possibly the worst pet talent ever?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
So, my friend has a pet that has the talent to randomly cast the taunt spell, and because of his pet casting it so much, he died at least three times in the same battle against a boss. I had to keep healing him, because his pet kept casting taunt. Could this be the worst pet talent ever? You decide! Please leave comments!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Possibly the worst pet for schools other than Ice or Death.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My second wizard is Ice. I hate the taunt spells. I would really really hate to have a pet that cast a random taunt. The Snow Angel (aka: Ghost Rider Horsey Thingy) can do some great damage, however, it also includes Taunt. I don't mind when my health is high enough, because I can take the hits, but it is annoying to get bombarded with hits when Taunt is used.

I'd put that pet talent high up on my NO WAY category

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
SirBdawg1999 wrote:
So, my friend has a pet that has the talent to randomly cast the taunt spell, and because of his pet casting it so much, he died at least three times in the same battle against a boss. I had to keep healing him, because his pet kept casting taunt. Could this be the worst pet talent ever? You decide! Please leave comments!

For ice, life, death and balance it's an OK talent, could be better, but for everyone else, yeah it's possibly the worst talent ever, especially for storm.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AstroStorm wrote:
SirBdawg1999 wrote:

For ice, life, death and balance it's an OK talent, could be better, but for everyone else, yeah it's possibly the worst talent ever, especially for storm.

Have you played a Balance wizard? My sorcerer would never want that talent, because our only heals are heal-over-time spells... which, unfortunately, won't keep you alive if your health is less than half.

No matter what school your friend is, tell him to unequip this thing immediately.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
AstroStorm wrote:
SirBdawg1999 wrote:

Have you played a Balance wizard? My sorcerer would never want that talent, because our only heals are heal-over-time spells... which, unfortunately, won't keep you alive if your health is less than half.

No matter what school your friend is, tell him to unequip this thing immediately.

Well i was saying it by health and resist ratios. No one in the right minds would ever want this as a normal stragety talent.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Taunt as a talent... my pet better not start turning on me!

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Haha, that sounds like a pretty disappointing talent unless you specialize in human shield.
I still say mana gift is the worst talent.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
As the other posters said, this spell, taunt, may sometimes work for high resist and healing schools, as a way to draw fire off more easily damaged teammates. It is likely the pet mentioned has a snowball, or possibly a trolling stone, in it's backround. Given that they were the April first pets, I think the talent was part of the joke. There was a large promo for the pets, and then many of them got the cast taunt talent. If you have the right wizard, it can be somewhat useful, but that did not seem the case with your friend.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Sorry, apologies to the snowball, I meant to say the Pet Rock and the Trolling stone had the cast taunt talents. The snowball doesn't seem to have that, unless it was hatched from one of the others.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AstroStorm wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
AstroStorm wrote:
SirBdawg1999 wrote:

Well i was saying it by health and resist ratios. No one in the right minds would ever want this as a normal stragety talent.

That's true- I suppose we do have higher resistance than some of the other schools.

Ice is the only school with the ability to taunt as part of their spell (Snow Angel)- it makes sense, because Ice has a bajillion health and was meant to take a lot of damage. Imagine if Sirens or Triton cast taunt... my poor Storm wizard would be worse off than she is now.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
My level 78 Ice wizard has a spritely snowball, it can also cast freeze, would love to trade the may cast freeze for may cast taunt, would save me having to cast taunt all the time.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
Explorer
May 07, 2011
If you are Ice in group play, this talent is great. Ice is supposed to take all the damage, because it has the highest health and the most shields. In group play, my Ice always goes first so I can use taunt to get all the enemies attacking me, then everybody else joins in. If you are Ice, NOT in group play, this talent is pointless. If you are any other school, that pet should probably stay in your house/bank.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2011
Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
I would actually love to have a pet with this talent (no sarcasm lol). As an Ice wizard, it's my job to take the hits so everyone else can hit and not get hit back. Plus, with 45% incoming and 40% outgoing for heals, my pet's Spritely gives over 900 health in total

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Defender
Jul 10, 2011
What does taunt even do????????????????????????????????

Wolf SilverSpear
Master Pyromancer