Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please let us remove unwanted pet talents

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello KI,

can you please add a feature that can remove unwanted talents??? I am sure there are a lot of wizards that agree, read on....

picture this: you save all your gold, it takes a long time for some wizards. Then you finally hatch with someone willing. so now you are excited that maybe you will have a pet that can actually help you in a battle.
so you take forever to train your pet, and maybe you might get a good talent at teen and even adult. now you have a lot of snacks invested in this pet. AND THEN BOOM!! When your pet reaches Ancient, Epic or even worse MEGA you get that PINK PIG FACE next to the talent!! You know the same face that indicates one of the attributes may go up! BIG DEAL! And happy music, like I am really happy!! I don't care about one of my pets attributes, I want another talent that really helps! Yes maybe the attribute will help an existing talent like damage percent, critical rating. But how much more, 1 maybe 2 percent more?? anyone would rather have another talent. I know there are those who like to race and this helps, but from talking to everyone that I know, They also would rather have another talent. So I ask you KI, please add a feature that can remove a talent just like you can re-train with your spells. You could make it for gold or crowns or both, like you do for houses. Please consider. Thank You,

Mark Dragonleaf L60 Storm
Mark Dawndust L60 Balance
Mark Shadowleaf L20 Fire

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I will jump in and agree with this one. I have so many failed pets that almost made it to what I was trying for. Those selfish traits are infuriating especially when you get it at the highest levels. If our pet has 10 possible traits PLEASE let us do a reset on a dud trait and then train for another. I know it is a pain to have to go through the training boredom again, but to be able to toss out that junk trait, I would endure because the only other option is another pet to run around one of my houses.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
I'm sorry but I would disagree, if you could do that it would be WAY easier to make good pets. It would just be crazy. It makes you work more and learn certain traits of the pet that failed. just keep hatching and try to get those may casts or stats you want. I have a Polar Cat that I wanted to be a tri heal with double resist. So far it did good. Its at ancient and learned Fairy Friend, Energizing Battery, and Unicorn. I'm REALLY hoping it will get that double resist. Would make for a great PVP pet. If not I will just keep trying and hope for the best. Just don't give up and try your best at getting those traits you want.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
TwistedSoul1 on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry but I would disagree, if you could do that it would be WAY easier to make good pets. It would just be crazy. It makes you work more and learn certain traits of the pet that failed. just keep hatching and try to get those may casts or stats you want. I have a Polar Cat that I wanted to be a tri heal with double resist. So far it did good. Its at ancient and learned Fairy Friend, Energizing Battery, and Unicorn. I'm REALLY hoping it will get that double resist. Would make for a great PVP pet. If not I will just keep trying and hope for the best. Just don't give up and try your best at getting those traits you want.

Sure you would disagree, but do you know how many pets I have trained trying to get the one I desire? and how many crowns I used, crowns that cost a lot of money? I have about 50 pets at mega, I have went through hundreds of thousands of crowns, which cost real money! yes I would say that I have spent over a thousand Dollars on crowns! I would think spending that much money I should of had the results I want by now right? So tell me what do you think is fair?? You really think It should be that hard to get the pet that you desire for that kind of money and time?? No, I think what would be fair is to have something to show for all the crowns I went through!

Tell me, how many crowns did you go through? How many failed pets do you have at mega?? if the answer is under 500,000 crowns and under 50 pets, Then you have no idea what I feel !

Mark Shadowleaf L22 Fire

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
Sure you would disagree, but do you know how many pets I have trained trying to get the one I desire? and how many crowns I used, crowns that cost a lot of money? I have about 50 pets at mega, I have went through hundreds of thousands of crowns, which cost real money! yes I would say that I have spent over a thousand Dollars on crowns! I would think spending that much money I should of had the results I want by now right? So tell me what do you think is fair?? You really think It should be that hard to get the pet that you desire for that kind of money and time?? No, I think what would be fair is to have something to show for all the crowns I went through!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I guess they could do something like that then. I mean it is unfair that people have to waste ALOT of crowns just to get a certain pet they want. If they did do something to remove unwanted pet talents I think it should be like you could only do it once a week. That way people don't abuse it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
stormkraker on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:

Tell me, how many crowns did you go through? How many failed pets do you have at mega?? if the answer is under 500,000 crowns and under 50 pets, Then you have no idea what I feel !

Mark Shadowleaf L22 Fire
Stop training them to mega. Hatch the selfish talents out first. Also there's no need to spend crowns on them. You can farm couch potatoes and have virtually unlimited mega-snacks. I get over a 100 mega-snacks every 4-5 days from my garden. You know how many slots a pet has that are common talents. Hatch pets with talents you want and don't keep the ones with talents that you don't. The slots are mapped out on central, you can see what is possible. There's no need for thise suggestion, and I highly doubt KI would even consider it seriously.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
stormkraker on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:

Mark Shadowleaf L22 Fire
Yes, it is a pain but it what others have to do also. No one told you spend a lot of money on crowns for mega pet snacks, you can get them from waterworks, or farm Grizzleheim for couch potatoes, they give a lot of mega snacks. Have you tried hatching till you get the selfish traits out, then proceed instead of them getting to mega. I wouldn't waste crowns for what you can get in the game for one, and if a pet has a selfish trait I wouldn't take it to mega either, if your looking for your "Perfect" pet.

I do think its fair, if something that is great your going to have to try to get it, its not going to be easy, oh here is a multi healer, with spell proof and may cast tower shield, that would be way to easy.

Angel AshThorn L60

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
It kind of is a waste to use crowns for pets. You can get them by bosses or drops most them. So....