Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talents and pedigrees

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
I had a few questions I posed in this thread that were never responded to, and if anyone can answer those questions for me, it would be much appreciated:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/52211.ftl

I also have some additional questions -

1. Should I be training my pets to their max potential prior to hatching with them? Let's say, for example, I have two pets with the potential of 250 agility each. I train both pets to adult and only 150 agility, then hatch them together. Will the new pets potential agility be based on both parents actual agility of 150, or on their potential agility of 250?

2. I had seen it posted somewhere that numbers are involved in how often a pet may cast sprite or whatever other may cast they learn. I know my balance wizard's original snake in a basket has learned may cast sprite and may cast weakness, but the snake infrequently casts sprite and very rarely casts weakness. I had hatched the original snake with a judgement pet, and got another snake, which so far has not learned may cast sprite or may cast weakness but does give a vengeance card. I did, however, hatch the new snake with the original snake, and got a third snake which has learned may cast sprite and balance it. This third snake casts sprite quite frequently, and I am wondering why it would cast more frequently than the original snake?

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
1. From the pets I've hatched, I can say that their potential statistics depend on their parents' potential statistics, not on what they have gained so far. So if your 2 pets have agility of 2/200 and 1/200, the new pet's maximum potential agility will be 200.