Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I am having trouble trying to get the perfect pet. I want a pet that learns spell proof, spell defy, spritely, unicorn and guardian wall. I try so hard to get these talents but for some reason my pets never learn one. I try getting these talents on rain beetles and prime piggles. but they dont learn them. They always learn talents that improve its stats or ones i dont need. I cant hatch with anyone because its expensive and everyone rejects me. How can this pet system be fixed

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
theres an easy way to solve your problem: lower your standards. the people that get pets with these talents have either been playing for years or their stinking rich. the point is, if your going to try to get such talents, i wish you luck cause you've got your work cut out for you.
you'll have to do some training, hatching, training, and more hatching. most people will reject you because of your pedigree or lesser talents, which means you'll have to hatch by yourself. if you already have all these talents on a few pets, hatch the most likely and eventually you'll get them.
a friend of mine helped me realize something: resistance is overrated. so many people have double resist pets that its not rare any more. for me, i got guardian wall spell proof and health gift on one pet, and pierce spell proof and pain giver on another. honestly, thats good enough for me. with these pets, i havent died once in azteca and i'm nearly halfway through.
my point in all of this is, dont try to become something that a bunch of stuck up snooty people already have. most people are ok, but you'll meet people with awesome pets who think they pretty much rule the hatchery. i have lesser pets, but they get the job done, and at the end of the day, thats all that matters.