Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet- Talent Re-Roll

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
With the extreme amount of rng already in place in this game. Its quite fustrating after what seems to be countless of hatches a pet would still fail at mega. This is not worth it at all. When i say fail it means a talent you really not rather wanted because you've used pets with same gene pool etc. Here are my current problem with the pet fails.

1. Time consuming- Pet training in itself can be time consuming. ALL pets have 5 wanted and unwanted talents regardless if you preferred 6+ of 10. For someone who has made successful pets for all school etc in the past. Its really frustrated to see all those bane farming, plant harvesting snacks and crowns spent on energy goes to waste.

2. Pet Pools- Here is something that confuses me. I've been working on a maple moose hatching with a parent with proof-defy-pain-reliquary- and myth dealer. Using a maple moose that has reliquary and myth dealer at adult. As i made back ups etc my main one that was looking good going to mega got fairy at mega when it was suppose to get dealer. I do not understand this on why the chances of getting unusual talents are greater than manifested ones.

3. Players should be allowed to select parents of pets. Wasting gold and timer having to get the correct pet plus rng pool is totally unfair. Despite having to maneuver this, you still have to deal with fail talents.

This is an urgent message to the developers. We need a system that allows us to re-roll one talent at mega into another talent or allow us to choose for one time only which talent we want while eliminating the current. There is too many rng to go around with 10 talents. Pets should not have to feel unwanted just because they fail at mega.

Whether this is going to cost crowns or gold is up to you but this is badly needed. If you see this Mr Spark let the devs teams know. Appreciate it.

Administrator
angellifeheart on Aug 17, 2020 wrote:
With the extreme amount of rng already in place in this game. Its quite fustrating after what seems to be countless of hatches a pet would still fail at mega. This is not worth it at all. When i say fail it means a talent you really not rather wanted because you've used pets with same gene pool etc. Here are my current problem with the pet fails.

1. Time consuming- Pet training in itself can be time consuming. ALL pets have 5 wanted and unwanted talents regardless if you preferred 6+ of 10. For someone who has made successful pets for all school etc in the past. Its really frustrated to see all those bane farming, plant harvesting snacks and crowns spent on energy goes to waste.

2. Pet Pools- Here is something that confuses me. I've been working on a maple moose hatching with a parent with proof-defy-pain-reliquary- and myth dealer. Using a maple moose that has reliquary and myth dealer at adult. As i made back ups etc my main one that was looking good going to mega got fairy at mega when it was suppose to get dealer. I do not understand this on why the chances of getting unusual talents are greater than manifested ones.

3. Players should be allowed to select parents of pets. Wasting gold and timer having to get the correct pet plus rng pool is totally unfair. Despite having to maneuver this, you still have to deal with fail talents.

This is an urgent message to the developers. We need a system that allows us to re-roll one talent at mega into another talent or allow us to choose for one time only which talent we want while eliminating the current. There is too many rng to go around with 10 talents. Pets should not have to feel unwanted just because they fail at mega.

Whether this is going to cost crowns or gold is up to you but this is badly needed. If you see this Mr Spark let the devs teams know. Appreciate it.
Hi angellifeheart! I'll let the team know of your ideas, thanks for sharing them.

Defender
May 11, 2013
angellifeheart on Aug 17, 2020 wrote:

The Devs are aware of it, they pretty much state "you throw away things that no longer suit you" ( Not a quote from the game but still about what is said ) In the Abandon House. The pet system is the way it is to reward people for working at it, that being said I have failed many pets at mega and just deleted them with out a thought, then again I am not so worried about passing a pet, yes I want the pet not to fail and am happy when it does pass, I have learned it is gonna happen if it happens like many things in life. Failures are a part of life and you can't just flick a switch and flash some cash and Re-Roll the fail to a pass. I vote the system stays the same. It will teach life lessons, which more games should.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
RedDragon877 on Aug 18, 2020 wrote:
The Devs are aware of it, they pretty much state "you throw away things that no longer suit you" ( Not a quote from the game but still about what is said ) In the Abandon House. The pet system is the way it is to reward people for working at it, that being said I have failed many pets at mega and just deleted them with out a thought, then again I am not so worried about passing a pet, yes I want the pet not to fail and am happy when it does pass, I have learned it is gonna happen if it happens like many things in life. Failures are a part of life and you can't just flick a switch and flash some cash and Re-Roll the fail to a pass. I vote the system stays the same. It will teach life lessons, which more games should.
Actually that's what makes virtual reality games amazing! you can just flick a switch and flash some cash to reroll anything within an rng base game The laws of the real world don't apply to video games because you have an infinite repeat or life span. So id def would look forward to a re-roll system just like any other system in all other mmorpg.

Remember everything set in motion is voluntary which means you do not have to spend money if you don't want to.
Time is of great importance to me and a pet failure isn't because I fed it the wrong snack or train it the wrong way, its all rng.

Nice quote btw