Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2016
I have looked in the board and not found an answer to a question I have. So if you go to the pet Kiosk to hatch a pet, do you have to train your pet to Ultra to better your chances of getting the stats from your current pet? I know that it takes your current pet, and "mates" it with one you choose in the Kiosk. And that the talents are randomly chosen. Does the Kiosk know what talents your pet has before you train it to max level?

I hope this makes sense lol. It makes sense in my head, just not sure if I am getting my question across very well

Thanks!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Alric Spiritgrove on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
I have looked in the board and not found an answer to a question I have. So if you go to the pet Kiosk to hatch a pet, do you have to train your pet to Ultra to better your chances of getting the stats from your current pet? I know that it takes your current pet, and "mates" it with one you choose in the Kiosk. And that the talents are randomly chosen. Does the Kiosk know what talents your pet has before you train it to max level?

I hope this makes sense lol. It makes sense in my head, just not sure if I am getting my question across very well

Thanks!
I don't know of any benefit from hatching with an Ultra pet. The ONLY time I take a pet to Ultra is when I want to use a jewel on it that needs the pet to be Ultra to equip it.

I'm unsure if you're talking about stats and talents as separate things or if you're mixing and matching the term while meaning the same thing. So I'm going to clarify a few terms - forgive me if you already know them!

Stats and talents are 2 different things:

Stats - the pets stats are the numbers next to strength, intellect, agility, will and power.
Talents - the abilities our pets learn as we train them

'Max stats' or 'Max Stats 2.0' - the pet has 255 strength; 250 intellect; 260 agility; 260 power; 250 will...WITHOUT including any stats added from stat-boosting talents. A pet is classified as 'max stat' regardless of whether those bars are filled through training or not - they are max stat as soon as they hatch with those numbers.

'Classic Max' or 'Classic Max Stat' - as above except the pet has 250 or above next to strength, intellect, agility, power and will, but less than the above mentioned 'Max Stat'. ALL 5 bars have 250 or above (filled or unfilled through training) but not all of them match max stat.

These 2 variations of max stats came about because for many years 250 per bar was the max possible and introduction of the increased strength, agility and power happened over several updates, the terms just help clarify what is being discussed/offered.

Talent Pool - the list of 10 talents your pet has (20 if you include derby talents)

Manifested talents - the talents unlocked through training your pet

Unmanifested talents - the locked talents (either because we haven't trained fully or because they won't unlock on this pet due to max 5).

OK...back to your questions etc

As I said, I don't know of any benefit from hatching with an Ultra pet. The ONLY time I take a pet to Ultra is when I want to use a jewel on it that needs the pet to be Ultra to equip it.

The only time you'd want to maintain your stats is if your pet is max stat, and the best way is to only hatch with max stat pets - your stats will almost certainly go down if you're max and they are not. Always hatch with something that has higher stats than you, or you both have max stats.

The talents are chosen somewhat randomly. The baby will get 10 talents from the parents. It is literally impossible to get a talent that is NOT in one of the parent's talent pool. If neither parent has spell-proof it is impossible for the baby to get spell-proof.

Also, manifested talents are more likely to pass to the baby, though it is not guaranteed and they have a higher chance of manifesting in the baby too...which is why many of us avoid hatching with anything that has a 'fail' or 'undesired' talent manifested if possible. The kiosk, like the sigil, sees the talents we have manifested and the pool we have available. It doesn't tap into the pet and see what it would have manifested if we continued training.

I hope this helps and if I've been unclear or you have any questions please feel free to ask.