Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Derby Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
Hello,

I have just reached my pet to a teen, and have tried out the pet derby. I have no clue how it works. I was last place each time I tried. Please help me out.

Thanks,
Shelby Skythorn Level 27 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Young Wizard, you have much to learn!

To surpass any object you must press spacebar on your keyboard, but there's also a catch! The more objects you pass the more energy you have gained!

What on wizardy island would you need energy for, you ask?
The energy your pet has received can make your pet increase the chances of winning first place in the Pet Derby of course! Just press the up arrow on your keyboard to make your pet increase it's speed!

The yellow bar on top shows how much energy each time you press up is spending. Don't always be spamming or else your pet will be extremely out of breath and will not be using it when ever needed.

Always go into the sides when ever the track is turning and pets seem to have an advantage while on cobblestone so keep that in mind.

Also, watch out for disgusting mud! Just avoid it as much as possible.

Please take the time to review this: https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/pet-games3

I will see you on the track!