Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Hi everyone!

I have a question what's is a good pet for balance and death?
What's the pedigree for?
Example if you've got a pet that has60pedigree above is that it can may cast healing or resist thing?

Please comment
Thank you!

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Pedigree doesn't really matter. It is just a sum of the talent rarity, but more isn't always better, so just look for the talents you want.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2014
carlosmi11 on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
Hi everyone!

I have a question what's is a good pet for balance and death?
What's the pedigree for?
Example if you've got a pet that has60pedigree above is that it can may cast healing or resist thing?

Please comment
Thank you!
Hi !

I can probably only answer your second question regarding the pedigree.

In my limited understanding, a pet's pedigree is basically a sum of your pet talents (common, uncommon, rare etc.). Some of my friends believe the higher, the better because that means your pet has many rare, ultra-rare, epic talents in her pool. However, this is where I disagree with them as some desirable may-cast healings don't exactly fall into those categories.

Whether your pet can develop any may-cast healings or not depends on predetermined talents (first generation pet), or the talents his/her parents have (hatched pet).

Hope this helped and Happy Questing

Sabrina Skycaster, lvl 25 , Gone Fishin'

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Sabrina Skycaster on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
Hi !

I can probably only answer your second question regarding the pedigree.

In my limited understanding, a pet's pedigree is basically a sum of your pet talents (common, uncommon, rare etc.). Some of my friends believe the higher, the better because that means your pet has many rare, ultra-rare, epic talents in her pool. However, this is where I disagree with them as some desirable may-cast healings don't exactly fall into those categories.

Whether your pet can develop any may-cast healings or not depends on predetermined talents (first generation pet), or the talents his/her parents have (hatched pet).

Hope this helped and Happy Questing

Sabrina Skycaster, lvl 25 , Gone Fishin'
Thank!
You really did help