Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Paid 96,000 to hatch and got same pet!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
bcbdla wrote:

Yes. The active Talents, like Pip O'Plenty and Death Shot increase pip chance and Death accuracy.
That's really the primary purpose for Hatching.

Actually... it appears from the myriad of posters that this is not the primary purpose of hatching.. at least from their perspective. Many (not all, of course) players are attempting to hatch a pet that is different in appearance from their original one. We all know that the stats and talents are different, but its not too easy to show off a Pip 'O Plenty to the other wizards in the commons, now is it? Since Wizard 101 is a visual game, I think that some further thought needs to be given to the actual percentage rates of hatching unique looking pets. We want it to be somewhat challenging to have different looking pets.. but not this challenging. Possibly a simple fix to increase the gold spent for an increase in the chance for a hybrid might be in order.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
KMK524 wrote:
I farmed for weeks to get enough gold to join my jade oni and satyr together. It cost 96,600 to join them. I waited with anticipation for my egg to hatch, only to find out it was a satyr just like the one I already have ! Very disappointing to say the least. :?
I won't be hatching again.
Wiz people, the whole concept is a good one, BUT, for all the money we should get a pet unlike what we have.
Even a Saryr body with a oni head would have been acceptable

Kimberly Spirtheart-GrandMaster Life
Kimberly Nightshade-GrandMaster Death

I know, it's crazy! I hate hatching, KI lied about it they made it sound good but it's the worst. Total waste of money. Don't do it except with level 48 pets, otherwise nothing happens.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
:(
KMK524 wrote:
I farmed for weeks to get enough gold to join my jade oni and satyr together. It cost 96,600 to join them. I waited with anticipation for my egg to hatch, only to find out it was a satyr just like the one I already have ! Very disappointing to say the least. :?
I won't be hatching again.
Wiz people, the whole concept is a good one, BUT, for all the money we should get a pet unlike what we have.
Even a Saryr body with a oni head would have been acceptable

Kimberly Spirtheart-GrandMaster Life
Kimberly Nightshade-GrandMaster Death
i spent over 150,000 on hatching i have only 1! mix JUST ONE i mixed a stormzilla and orthrus

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
WELL THIS IS MY IDEA of hatching pets
here are some:
1. it should cost less gold ( even though it got cheeeper ) about 1000-10000
2. when you hatch pets the new pet should be mixed with the pets that were already hatched e.g lets say i have a writh and a err... fire zilla and i hatch them
so the new pet should look half fire zilla and half writh and you could choos how it would attack and cost pips and mana like: attack like the wriath and cost mana and pips like fire zilla or the oppeset
3. we could do 1 or more players to hatch at the same time just not 2 or 1