Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Owls!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I love this idea and I agree one hundred percent. They should be gold bought because not everyone has crowns, and as for low levels using those healing spells they already can use them! Another idea could be the rarer the owl the more it cost for the low levels it could cost about 2k with a pedigree level of 48 and for the higher levels like 48-60 it could cost 10k because with a pedigree level of 68 so its almost as powerful as the sea dragon! As for their classes maybe Star, Moon, and Sun?

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
Skyler1353 wrote:
I think that wizard101 should introduce owls to our pets. They would cost gold so that everyone could get them in the regular petshop. They could come in a varity of colors. They would fly and can come with a card or something and I'm sure my fellow wizards would agree. thanks.

-Alex Froststone
Ice Wizard

I like that idea! I could have a snowy white owl like Harry Potter! :D POOR HEDWIG! :(
- Brooke Mythblade
Myth Wizard

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
deathwizard831 wrote:
cool! like the idea. maybe we can steal harry potter's owl lol

No! Not Hedwig! Then again she is dead now :( boohoo!

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
skobafreckles1 wrote:
Owls have always been connected to Wizards. Hasn't anyone noticed that! I think this is a great idea, especially the gold part because not everyone has or can get crowns! But because it would by bought with crowns, the spell would have to be small if it has any spell at all. I think Sprite is a good option.

Joseph Dragontamer, Level 60 Thaumaturge

Good Idea! 8)

Brooke Mythblade, Level 34 Conjurer

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
flarzedrago9 wrote:
I love this idea and I agree one hundred percent. They should be gold bought because not everyone has crowns, and as for low levels using those healing spells they already can use them! Another idea could be the rarer the owl the more it cost for the low levels it could cost about 2k with a pedigree level of 48 and for the higher levels like 48-60 it could cost 10k because with a pedigree level of 68 so its almost as powerful as the sea dragon! As for their classes maybe Star, Moon, and Sun?

Okay, here is my idea, they can be found in the crowns shop, but you can buy them for gold too so KI is happy and we are happy! It's a double win! 8)

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011

Okay, I love the idea of owls in the spiral, but I think that they should be in the crowns shop and cost gold too like some mounts and castles! :D So you can buy them anywhere in the spiral and they won't be some ridiculous price in gold, but they will be like 70-100 crowns and 500-1000 gold! All colors too! 8)

Survivor
May 22, 2011
Another great idea would be an owl with design/color and a card relating to each school. Death Owl *drool*

-Alura RavenHeart, Necromancer

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
lol the only reason i named my life wizard Ryan Owlwhisper is that they might have pet owls (btw it was my first wizard) I hope they acctually make pet owls!!!

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
if they do add owls they should add some new names to. some ideas based on classic owls are:

snowy ( might exist already not sure )
hedwig (a tribute to the fallen owl )

thats all i got feel free to add on

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
176469 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Okay, here is my idea, they can be found in the crowns shop, but you can buy them for gold too so KI is happy and we are happy! It's a double win! 8)

Maybe but in Crown shop gold bought items are twice as much so one owl can be 10,000 crowns and thats 20,000 in gold I'm not sure a lot of people would be willing to pay for that I wouldnt mind too much because I have max gold.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
flarzedrago9 wrote:
176469 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Maybe but in Crown shop gold bought items are twice as much so one owl can be 10,000 crowns and thats 20,000 in gold I'm not sure a lot of people would be willing to pay for that I wouldnt mind too much because I have max gold.

We want them sold in the wizard city pets shop and that's final.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
I think that a new person should appear in olde town who sells owls.His name would be Barney Birdclaw and he would have cages all around him.
Stock:
Looks-a baby owl who sits in a nest, whaen you move he flies and tows the nest in his claws
Mouse Hunter-cost=2300-card=mouse trap/50% trap on foe 0 pips-level=13
Looks-an owl with a sharp beak and a bib which has a picture of a mouse on it and he carries a fork in one claw and a spoon in the other

Hope you like my ideas! More later!

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I like this idea a lot and would love to buy pet owls, but I think the option to dye them would be awesome! I would like to have a red owl with white wings, and another blue owl with pink wings. It's wizard101 where we can have our outfits and dragons with wild colors. Why not more of our pets?

However, I think the reason we don't have owls is because too many people see it as a Harry Potter thing. They could be sued with that as copyright infringement. So to keep it as far away from Harry Potter as they can they gave us ugly pigs with wings instead.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Skyler1353 wrote:
I think that wizard101 should introduce owls to our pets. They would cost gold so that everyone could get them in the regular petshop. They could come in a varity of colors. They would fly and can come with a card or something and I'm sure my fellow wizards would agree. thanks.

-Alex Froststone
Ice Wizard

I am strongly against this. Mainly (even though i am a fan of it) because people keep trying to make this game more and more like the harry potter video games. :x

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Owls would be a cool idea! :D there could be snowy, tawny, eagle, barn and other types of owls maybe. i'd love a snowy one! when you're walking they could fly beside you, and when you're standing still they could perch on your shoulder. xD

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
DarkRaven1313 wrote:
deathwizard831 wrote:
Haha, yea. -grabs Hedwig's cage and runs-

poor Hedwig. I wish she didn't have to die in the last movie :(

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
deathwizard831 wrote:
it's not funny, i'm a harry potter fan and his owl is dead! :( :( :( :(

Survivor
May 22, 2011
Wondersofthesea wrote:
I like this idea a lot and would love to buy pet owls, but I think the option to dye them would be awesome! I would like to have a red owl with white wings, and another blue owl with pink wings. It's wizard101 where we can have our outfits and dragons with wild colors. Why not more of our pets?

However, I think the reason we don't have owls is because too many people see it as a Harry Potter thing. They could be sued with that as copyright infringement. So to keep it as far away from Harry Potter as they can they gave us ugly pigs with wings instead.

Well Ambrose looks like Dumbledore and I find the death teacher in nightside favors Mad-Eye. Then with Drake attempting to get us expelled I can't help but think of Severus Snape. Some things in this game make me think of Potter... actually Potter is how I found this place. I dont think adding owls would go as far as copyright infringement as long as they dont have a special one titled "Hedwig" or "Errol" or "Pigwidgeon" or anything like that.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
matinils wrote:
I think that a new person should appear in olde town who sells owls.His name would be Barney Birdclaw and he would have cages all around him.
Stock:
Looks-a baby owl who sits in a nest, whaen you move he flies and tows the nest in his claws
Looks-an owl with a sharp beak and a bib which has a picture of a mouse on it and he carries a fork in one claw and a spoon in the other

I would most likely buy downy chick that is white with a black trim. Barn owl has no card. And mouse hunter is just to vicious for me. I might use mouse hunter for serious meanings for his lunch. it would be weird having 2 owls tough :?

Survivor
May 03, 2011
DarkRaven1313 wrote:
Another great idea would be an owl with design/color and a card relating to each school. Death Owl *drool*

-Alura RavenHeart, Necromancer

Life owl: dark green with light green wings !

Anyway I love the owl idea and I hope its comes out

PS: poor hedwig

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
It's not fear that headmasterambrose gets a owl so I want owls we can get for 4179 gold.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
I am with you Alex :D every wizard(well wizard game) should have the option to get an owl pet. Like in Harry Potter. They all have pet owls :-) great idea Alex, I hope KI does this

Explorer
May 28, 2009
matinils wrote:
Stock:

Time for some more ideas!
Wise Owl-cost=5245-card=Minotaur-level=34 Looks-A grey owl wearing glasses, in it's claws is a book
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way Wondersofthesea, owls are not a trademark of harry potter! People put owls on their TV shows allthe time! Thats like saying bubbles are a trademark of spongebob!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
matinils wrote:
matinils wrote:
Stock:

Time for some more ideas!
Wise Owl-cost=5245-card=Minotaur-level=34 Looks-A grey owl wearing glasses, in it's claws is a book
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way Wondersofthesea, owls are not a trademark of harry potter! People put owls on their TV shows allthe time! Thats like saying bubbles are a trademark of spongebob!
For the wise owl Dont forget a hat like gammas!