Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Owls!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2011
I think that wizard101 should introduce owls to our pets. They would cost gold so that everyone could get them in the regular petshop. They could come in a varity of colors. They would fly and can come with a card or something and I'm sure my fellow wizards would agree. thanks.

-Alex Froststone
Ice Wizard

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Skyler1353 wrote:
I think that wizard101 should introduce owls to our pets. They would cost gold so that everyone could get them in the regular petshop. They could come in a varity of colors. They would fly and can come with a card or something and I'm sure my fellow wizards would agree. thanks.

-Alex Froststone
Ice Wizard

maybe i could give a card like fairy so that nobody says nooo he has/she has a pet that gives a very high level card or say that owl pet is soo lame ya should get a diffferent pet

Survivor
May 22, 2011
I do agree Alex. I mean what is a wizard without their owl, ya know? haha. If these brilliant people have the time, I would like to see owls too. And in a price of gold where everyone could get their own.

-Alura RavenHeart, Necromancer

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Owls would be cute, and Gamma would have some new feathered friends!
I don't know though. If they are gold bought, they would probably be on par with piggles. Which is fine, actual bird pets could be good.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
They could give a Spirte card or something like that. Maybe the a healing spell, or one where the owl swoops to attack it's target. Like the Fierce Hound, but not so rare. They can be in the gold shop for maybe 1000 gold? So that you won't have to pay an arm and leg for one.

-Alex Froststone
Ice Wizard

Survivor
May 22, 2011
I always get jealous of Headmaster Ambrose when I see him with Gamma. If were to be gold bought, maybe a higher gold price, like 5k-10k gold if they are to come with cards. I just hate for them to have to be bought with crowns and some people be left out if their parents won't buy crowns for them. If something this revolutionary were to come to the Spiral, everyone should have the chance to take part. (owls should be sold in Wizard City shopping district)

-Alura RavenHeart, Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
I would like owl pets! That's a great idea. If Kings Isle actually released these I would buy one.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
How about adding them as drops in Wintertusk? Seems we are lacking some pets drops with this expansion. They sort a fit with the forest theme, kinda.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
We would like for them to be avaliable in the Wizard City pets shop. For about 1000-1500 gold. NO CROWNS! We would like for everyone to be able to get some. And some can be dropped but not all of them. To me that is the hardest way to get pets. So just get them in Wizard City Shopping District.

-Alex Froststone
Ice Wizard

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
I agree. Every wizard needs their owl. Because there are so many different species of owl (that actually look different), you could have various level owl pets. A plain owl (no card), owl with sprite, owl with some form of attack, owl with "balance" blade, and higher level owls so that as a legendary they would be desirable to me.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
deathwizard831 wrote:
cool! like the idea. maybe we can steal harry potter's owl lol
Haha, yea. -grabs Hedwig's cage and runs-

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Yes i personally think that Owls would be a fantastic idea, And selling them in the regular pet shop so everyone can have one is a great idea also.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2008
I agree! Owls are a great idea. But if they come with cards they have to be worth more than 1000 gold, maybe 2000 or 1500. I don't want one with glasses or clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe there could be more than one type of owl....snowy, gray, brown ect.......................

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Survivor
May 22, 2011
The colors are a great idea! And the cards as well. We need to keep posting until we get a moderaters attention!

-Alex Froststone
Ice Wizard

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Skyler1353 wrote:
The colors are a great idea! And the cards as well. We need to keep posting until we get a moderaters attention!

-Alex Froststone
Ice Wizard

Just so you know, the moderators nor KI have never come into the dorms/forums and have accepted a game idea. Not that they won't use it later on, but legally I don't think they can attribute it to you in anyway (lawsuits and things like that). So you might be posting awhile if your waiting on that.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Owls have always been connected to Wizards. Hasn't anyone noticed that! I think this is a great idea, especially the gold part because not everyone has or can get crowns! But because it would by bought with crowns, the spell would have to be small if it has any spell at all. I think Sprite is a good option.

Joseph Dragontamer, Level 60 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
Here's the problem with this idea:
1. Kingsisle wants you to buy memberships and crowns!
2. Think of the PvP people, who would have to deal with the low level people healing like crazy.
3. The price is too low for how valuable the pet is.
And much, much more.
I love the idea, I really do.
You have to see where I'm coming from though.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
First of all, KI could sell owls for both coins and/ or crowns, but sell the rarer, more advantageous owls on the crown shop. Selling them throughout the spiral, with better owls the further you go into the game is also a possibility.

Second, pvp people would only get like, one card from owls, wouldn't they? They wouldn't be healing that crazy...

Third, its up to KI to decide the price, but i'd say the better the owls would help you, the more costly. I see no problem with adding owls to the spiral. Love the idea and hope KI considers it

Survivor
Jun 18, 2011
:I think that it will be so COOL if they get owl pets that would be a perfect pet for a wizard!!! :D

Survivor
May 22, 2011
moitzd wrote:
Here's the problem with this idea:
1. Kingsisle wants you to buy memberships and crowns!
2. Think of the PvP people, who would have to deal with the low level people healing like crazy.
3. The price is too low for how valuable the pet is.
And much, much more.
I love the idea, I really do.
You have to see where I'm coming from though.

Okay I do get the first.
The second, so what, really? The low levels get that pixie card anyway, remember?
And the third. They could come in different "levels" of owl so to speak, as that person said earlier. I would be content with something on the piggle/dragon level of the pet chain but one with a helpful spell would be nice at a higher price.