Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Orthrus on a low level Myth

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2014
I'm on a level 14 myth wizard who has been trying to hatch with an orthrus at the kiosk to get one before level 48. I'm just using a bloodbat while copying all the traits. I'm on my 9th hatch and I haven't gotten an orthrus back from the hatch. Am I unable to even hatch an orthrus before level 48 or am I just the most unlucky player on the planet?

Thanks in advance.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
I've hatched plenty of high level pets on low level characters. The issue isn't your wizard - it's the pet you're hatching with.

When you breed two pets, you have a higher chance of hatching the lower rarity pet. If you're trying to obtain a crowns pet through breeding, it's best to hatch it with another crowns pet, for example. I'd wager it's the same with your blood bat. That's an extremely common pet; the Orthrus less so.

If you can transfer a higher rarity pet from another wizard, I'd recommend hatching with that. It still may take you a couple of tries, but you're much more likely to get your Orthrus with it than hatching with a blood bat.