Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One important question that needs an answer:)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2013
Hey can someone please answer this
So i just hatched with a pet that had some pretty good abilities and it was successful i got that pet
Now will i get the Same Or Different talents as the wizards pet i hatched with?
Thank you

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Exizor on May 19, 2013 wrote:
So i just hatched with a pet that had some pretty good abilities and it was successful i got that pet
Thank you
Talents are set at time of hatch on each pet. You never know which talents will be inherited by the pet from the parents and/grandparents etc, until you train it up to see.

So it could be the same or could be different or a mix of both, there is no crystal ball on this one. Pretty much 4 out of every 5 of my pets don't get talents I wanted.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Thank you
There is no way to answer this. The pet talents, even with hatched pets, are random. Some should come from each parent. This is usually, but not always the case.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
you will get a mixture of both parents pets talents, which means you could get your pets talents or the other wizard pet talents

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Talents are predetermined by the game program when you hatch a pet. Even though the exact same potential talents may be on your next hatched pet, there is a chance it may get the same talents, or may manifest other talents that are in the genome.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Thank you
More than likely, different overall but you may see some talents similar to the Wizard's pet. It's all at random really but, if you're willing, it never hurts to try

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You will get a mixture of talents from both pets. Whether or not the 'good' talents on the pet you hatched with manifests, is random. Sometimes it takes several hatches to get the talents you want. Good luck with your new pet.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
The talents your pet will get will be a mix of both parents. Your new pet will get some of your orginal pets talents and some of the other wizards talents.

Hope this helps

Angela DragonStone

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Thank you
There is only one way to really know before hand that involves going to the future then going back to the past.

With this i mean have a few pets that are good or possibles sitting at ancient or even epic. Make sure you have tons of megas on your character from gardening if possible. Hold on to these pets, wait until test goes live you get free crowns to refill energy a bunch. KI took mega packs and stuff out of test because they caught on to players doing this.

train your pets that are parked at ancient or epic to epic or mega. Now, what ever talents show up on test on these pets will happen on live. You just know in advance if the pet failed or passed. :-) I did this when test was open last night i had a magma colo parked at epic with defy, sprite, fairy, unicorn no way i was going to take it to mega without a hint ;-) So i did and it showed up spell proof at mega. Perfect now 40 megas wont be for a lost cause :-) Toyed with a couple other pets which were so so. :) hope this helps

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
You will get a mixture of the talents so 5 from each pet.