Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old Player- New Pet System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
Hey guys,

So I have been playing for over ten years now and am slow to learn new updates every time I return. I have a pet from about 4-5 years ago (a blaze beast, if you care). He's the perfect goodboi with may cast healing current, fairy, balance blade, and something else). However, with the new combat talents, can he not get any of the combat/adventure traits because he's already fully trained? He doesn't have anything other than his may cast talents... I really don't want to rehatch 10 blaze beasts to get another combo I like.

Any tips?

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
You can't get a new talent on that pet that he wasn't already "born" with. For example, if you and your spouse both have blue eyes, you won't get a brown eyed child just because some brown-eyed people moved to town. The brown genes aren't there in your DNA. In order to get brown eyes, you will need to let your blue-eyed child grow up, meet another adult with brown eyes, let them have a baby together, and maybe their baby will have brown eyes.

It's the same way with pets: in order to get any of the new talents onto a pet, you'd have to hatch with a pet that has one of the new talents and hope your new baby inherits it.

The new hatching kiosk makes it easier to find a pet with the combination of talents you're looking for, but it's still going to be expensive and aggravating. Good luck!

Alia Misthaven