Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOT worth the effort

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
I have noticed that once most of the pets stats are maxed and pet is Ancient you dont get any exp at all doing the games. From what I have seen you get 1 - 2 exp that means you have to play 500 - 1000 games to get pet to Epic and I dont see it worth the effort to play those games that much to get pet to epic.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Absolutely, also when it finally reaches epic you are just as likely to get a talent available at teen as at adult etc. Pet talents at Epic should reflect that achievement. There HAS TO BE another way to get to Epic. Even the mega snack pack snacks do nothing to gain more XP at that point. DO NOT SPEND $5.00 for them to gain Epic. We wizards have always gained our XP in battles and I am hoping that will be the case here as well. I was very disappointed with minigames as the only venue to gain pet XP and stats.The promo hinted that our pets "would take us places we have never seen" I did not imagine it would only be gobbler drop! Very disappointed.

Explorer
Jul 26, 2009
OK here is a new one i was lvling up my teen pet to adult and the talent i got is +2% to myth attacks well my wizard is Life / Ice ....go figure

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
boominn wrote:
OK here is a new one i was lvling up my teen pet to adult and the talent i got is +2% to myth attacks well my wizard is Life / Ice ....go figure
did you check what school type the pet was, chances are myth~ if you want one that helps ice, get a ice type pet, like ice serpant

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I agree, I mean I have no problem playing a game a thousand times, but at 8 points per game? that means I can get 6 points every 8 hours with my pet energy as it is, so if I am to quit my job and abandon my kids I could put in 16 hour days on wizards and at 12 points per day it would take me 83.3 days or 12 WEEKS playing at that rate every day to get to epic. if I maintain a normal lifestyle and just get the 6 points per day those numbers jump to 166.6 days or 24 weeks of playing for my 6 points every day. 2 more weeks and it would be a half year of trying to get one blasted pet to epic. pardon my french but holy flipping doodles man, give us a break!

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Goldacorns wrote:
I agree, I mean I have no problem playing a game a thousand times, but at 8 points per game? that means I can get 6 points every 8 hours with my pet energy as it is, so if I am to quit my job and abandon my kids I could put in 16 hour days on wizards and at 12 points per day it would take me 83.3 days or 12 WEEKS playing at that rate every day to get to epic. if I maintain a normal lifestyle and just get the 6 points per day those numbers jump to 166.6 days or 24 weeks of playing for my 6 points every day. 2 more weeks and it would be a half year of trying to get one blasted pet to epic. pardon my french but holy flipping doodles man, give us a break!

I agree 100%