Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
When i first saw the announcement of the new Mega rank and saw the opportunities that came with it, i had some mixed feelings about it. The main points i really see in it is the pain sharping 2000xp needed to advance the pet, 10 energy per game, with the extra talent that unlocks after reaching Mega. On top of it the new pet purreau pack was also released in which there were special pets that came with other unique talents such as crit, crit block, incoming and outgoing healing boost, casting aura spells etc. with the big prize the famous Deer Knight. While there are some who are thrilled with the new additions some have a very bitter reaction to them. If your curious about my opinion i am simply in the middle ground of it.
Just to throw this out there yes i have gotten one pet to mega my red ghost (took me at least 3 weeks or over a month) and i am 1000 more points away from getting my judgement on my balance. I was somewhat pleased with my red ghost for my death but slightly dissappointed. The talents were deathblade,pips o plenty, death shot, spritely, and the death attack boost, plus the 3 red ghost cards, the biggest dissappointment is considering this pet had at least 4 epic slots and didnt learn one of them. My judge has spellproof, unicorn, attack boost, and vengeance. Its hard work and if anything i consider it a Long term project not something to rush and breeze through. Yes i do grow the Mega Snacks and occasionally do mirror lake for those 30xp pixie sticks. I try to get at least 100xp into my pets a day when they are at epic if not i get in what i get in due to energy also goes into gardening. Some may even by the Mega Snacks from the crown shop which is 2500 crowns. Thats not even counting your gonna prob by pet energy elixirs (250 crowns) so you can train your pet at least 8 times on base energy alone. Now i will not sit here and say K.I. is trying to get money off folks here but i do know what i want and i rather wait till the next day to train my pet and garden my deadly helephant ears, couch potatoes, evil magma peas and bread bushes till my resources are relished then throwing $5-$25 into a project that doesnt produce the satisfying output that is relative to the input. Its a trial and error process and while most will say no one is forcing you to do it, i will simply say you dont have to do it. I chose to simply not spend anymore money on crowns the monthly subscription is enough for me and my money can actually go to purchases where my hard earned money counts. For me there has always been this cycle. I hatch, i train, the pet fails i farm for gold, hatch, train, fail, farm and it repeats. Its like i am running in a circle nothing is progressing.
Will i continue to train after my judge? Maybe but as often as i have come close to ending my 3-4 year activity with this game its not as easy to walk away from when you have put so much into it. But interest is fading fast, and everything i try to accomplish is becoming a very tedious process to even try to succeed. Pet training being the biggest issue here for me. I will not sit here and try to offer suggestions or complain about it this is the position where you stay and appreciate the game for what it is or just stop playing all together. And i dont think i will be around much longer. Its a game of chance, Trial and error and i dont think this is for me. With all that is said i wish you guys happy training. What do you guys think of the Mega addition?

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
The mega pet addition for me is all about preparing our wizards for the next world. All the new talents tells or hints us about things we may need to beat the game after Avalon. I was eager to have it because i knew the extra talent will help a lot in tweaking all my wizards.

Its true the 2000xp needed is a thorn to deal with but KI gave us tools to do this by providing us easy access to crown seeds like Couch Potatoes through farming and gardening. Everyone knows about the reliable 2 Pixie Stix too in ML. So anyone can do this without spending crowns at all like what you said.

The main factor that makes this possible though is its easiest to do if you have multiple high level wizards to garden for mega snacks and train pets with. It just simply takes longer if you have a single mage owing to limited energy points. Farming for crown shop Splendid Attire sets in ML too is important to get the highest energy range. So yeah, it takes more time, patience, disappointments for all of us to get what we want. Luck in having useful talents manifest in our pets is another story though.

While the game is still providing me ways to improve my wizards or in this case pets without spending a single crown Im up for the challenge, otherwise, ill definitely quit playing in a heartbeat.

Archmages
R. Lionhand
F. Stardust
J. Winterbane
Brahm

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
The mega pet update was a mixed bag for me. I like having a fifth talent opened up, but it also provides another chance of failure.
I do not know how many pets I have at my house, but I can barely take care of my garden with them all around me. Countless failures and it took months to get my ideal pet (proof, sharp shot, pain giver, death giver). The mega talent was spritely, which I actually did not want on the pet as for Death it is more annoying than helpful. But now with a 50% healing boost it can come in handy I guess.

I would LOVE a craftable energy potion. This would make things much more enjoyable. I do not care if the recipe was 10,000 crowns. It would buy it in a heartbeat. As it is now, I have my little wizard growing my EMPS, and my death growing king parsleys for amber. Not much room for training and hatching now. But an energy elixir that I can craft would go a long way!
pods

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
See, I Was not a big fan of the new Mega Pets. And The New pack just got people to get addicted for 9 hours... When i got on the day mega pets started, and the new pack, I saw a deer knight at epic.. ladybug at mega.. I mean thats ridiculous. I have a mega pet on my life wizard. My Forest lord. I am pleased with what he can do, but the selfish talents that they gave him.. Geez... He learned Sprite, Lifeblade, Life-Giver, Lifetrap, and LifeShot... But the up side of that was: He now has 37 aging pedigree!

I will not be surprised if they make the 6th rank anytime soon... It is causing people to buy crowns.. which is getting KingIsle Money.... Sure thats good, they can produce more games for children to play. But the children here dont understand what money is yet. Money will be our lives. We need it to get hygene, clean, get food, and so much more. My bills, are around where i think they should be..

But these children are getting addicted and won't stop... I do this game as a time-waster. But some people dont have a life and do this 24 hours a day! People dont sleep until they beat a boss. My son plays this game. I woke up and 5 in the morning for work and i saw him on here trying to beat Jade Oni! These kids are getting eye damage. I conclude my case.

**Mr.MattGoesBye**

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
I just got my sea dragon to mega, is there anyway to increase his manifested power and talents? he is now 72 (37). do i just have to wait till they bring out another level? he works okay for my fire mage (pierce,towershield,paingiver,healthgive,disarmament) but i think ill see what i can do with one of my life or fire pets.

thanks for any replies