Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Spell Not Working

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2015
I recently got a new Majestic Plushie pet for my level 31 storm and when I was training I got the "May Cast Smokescreen" talent and thought that was pretty good. The only problem is that I've had it for several days now and it has still not cast it once. Is it maybe glitched or is something wrong with my pet.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Braydenlent770 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
I recently got a new Majestic Plushie pet for my level 31 storm and when I was training I got the "May Cast Smokescreen" talent and thought that was pretty good. The only problem is that I've had it for several days now and it has still not cast it once. Is it maybe glitched or is something wrong with my pet.
The trigger is 'Successfully casting a single spell attack'. Try some single spell attacks to see if it triggers the may cast.

I hope this helps

Survivor
May 03, 2010
Braydenlent770 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
Maycasts can go off at complete random. I've had some pets spam them and others hardly ever cast. Nothing is wrong with that pet, it's just that the may cast isn't going off.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Liveh1234 on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:
Maycasts can go off at complete random. I've had some pets spam them and others hardly ever cast. Nothing is wrong with that pet, it's just that the may cast isn't going off.
Maycasts are not completely random. Whether they respond to a trigger is RNG but they will only ever cast if the trigger is present. Maycast Smokescreen has been identified as having the potential to trigger when a single attack spell is used. If the OP always uses multi-hits or only hits when they can kill then it will never have opportunity to cast. Trying to incorporate some single hits will allow the OP to utilise the maycast on occasion