Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

may cast Smoke Screen, Pierce in 1v1?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I got a pet idea for Pvp: double resist, smoke screen, infallible, pierce.

I have experience with infallibe cast rate, but lack that with smoke screen and pierce.

Can you guys inform about, how frequently are these talents are cast by a pet?

If it helps, I am a balance wizard and using mana burn, scorpion, savage paw in pvp.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jerry Saibot on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
I got a pet idea for Pvp: double resist, smoke screen, infallible, pierce.

I have experience with infallibe cast rate, but lack that with smoke screen and pierce.

Can you guys inform about, how frequently are these talents are cast by a pet?

If it helps, I am a balance wizard and using mana burn, scorpion, savage paw in pvp.
All 'may cast' talents are random. There's not much you can do to accurately trigger them.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
RavenLady777 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
All 'may cast' talents are random. There's not much you can do to accurately trigger them.
I meant some may cast talenst are cast more frequently then others. For example i see fairy cast more often than unicorn. There is a certain (hidden) chance for every talent. I am just asking relied on your experiance what could be the casting rate of pierce and smoke screen.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Jerry Saibot on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
I meant some may cast talenst are cast more frequently then others. For example i see fairy cast more often than unicorn. There is a certain (hidden) chance for every talent. I am just asking relied on your experiance what could be the casting rate of pierce and smoke screen.
It seems nobody has experience with these talents.

I guess i have to rely on my own experiences. I managed to hatch a pet with resists and pierce train (+infallible, fairy). Gonna try it in the arena and share the results with you.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have a pet leopard that casts Smoke Screen rarely.

Second is Fire Blade and then lastly and the only one I care about Spritely.

So most to least: Fire Blade, Spritely and Smoke Screen.

Seems my pets are more decoration then use lately.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
smoke screen rarely triggers from what i've seen/heard. & pierce doesn't trigger too often either, but with pierce what you can do is, if they have a shield you can try to make it trigger by casting a trap on the desired target.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Gabriel 1 savage p... on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
smoke screen rarely triggers from what i've seen/heard. & pierce doesn't trigger too often either, but with pierce what you can do is, if they have a shield you can try to make it trigger by casting a trap on the desired target.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord
Haha how wicked! I remove my enemy's shield with a feint!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
RavenLady777 on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
still some talents cast more then others plus your pet's may cast can fail and be a high casting talent but rarely cast or rare cast talent and never cast