Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 78 pets, why are they so bad?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 28, 2008
After some one trains to level 78 and gets their pet after all their hard work they get upset. The level 78 pets are horrible. I am going to keep with my Phoenix instead of using the new efreet pet. Sure the spell it comes with is good but the talents stink. We have to raise them to adults and hatch them with a good pet to get any good stats. I mean come on, who at level 78 want more mana or just a little more heath. They should have Better stats after this long. They should have lots of epic, ultra rare, and rare stats. I mean if you have at least 300 mana you will be good for a long time. Please tell me what you think about this.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I totally agree. With the health gift, It only gives like 120 extra health. This isn't even a lot for a journeyman.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I completely agree with you. The Efreet pet should be better than the Phoenix pet, but phoenix is MUCH more useful.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Yeah, I like the triton model and card but it is awful, kraken is so much better but I do not like the card.

Triton battle was hard, why should I end up with a pet that randomly has 2 selfish talents?

I tried hatching a different pet (spiny) with someone else's triton that turned out OK. The crowns spiny supersedes the triton body every time - I wind up with throwaway spinys that have selfish talents. The guy I hatched with got tritons and they too are awful - they lost storm proof and accuracy and picked up mana gift or pips.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
they already introduced seven new talents on them, the dealers i believe. they can do up to 9% school specific damage which is a whole lot! and every time KI brings us a new pet there might be one great talent or two, (remember the nutcracker?) now all great pets have fairy friend, even i do! and i've never had a nutcracker. and on top of everything their item cards are great! i would love to have a gnomes! hybrid. in fact anybody reading this, want to hatch with a pretty good rain beetle for a gnomes hybrid? so obviously all pets have their share of mana boosting and all that. but i think these are definitely some good pets.(i just wish they had spritely)

Gabriel Ashcaller level 71 sorcerer
"When the judge appears, may it deem your opponent guilty."

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Pet Master on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
After some one trains to level 78 and gets their pet after all their hard work they get upset. The level 78 pets are horrible. I am going to keep with my Phoenix instead of using the new efreet pet. Sure the spell it comes with is good but the talents stink. We have to raise them to adults and hatch them with a good pet to get any good stats. I mean come on, who at level 78 want more mana or just a little more heath. They should have Better stats after this long. They should have lots of epic, ultra rare, and rare stats. I mean if you have at least 300 mana you will be good for a long time. Please tell me what you think about this.
Yes, the level 78 pets have a lot of useless talents, but you might try hatching with your Phoenix and possible another good pet to bring the Efreet up to a better pet. I have seen some of the most common pets (from early in the game) hatched up to be very Epic.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree. The level 78 pets look nice at the front door of your house, that's about it. By the time you reach lvl 78 you most likely already have a reasonable pet for your wizard. Starting the hatching cycle all over again for a school specific pet is not exciting for many players that are so close to finishing the game with that specific wizard. If you are an avid pet hatcher you likely hatched your school pet in the hatchery long ago anyway (if you wanted it).

The level 78 school pets seem to come with high pip attack spell cards. I can't speak for other schools, but death school I rather have a pet that gives an extra blade, trap, or feint. Hence the Deer Knight pet is my choice. I never used the Skeletal Dragon spell, and in a few levels you get Avenging Fossil which would be preferable anyway. All this explains why you don't see many skeletal dragon pets in Avalon/Azteca.

It would have been super cool if level 78 pets were really good and equipped by Lvl 78+ wizards only, making them a unique and special reward for higher level wizards.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
A Balanced Life on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
I totally agree. With the health gift, It only gives like 120 extra health. This isn't even a lot for a journeyman.
Why are you complaining? Do you know how much 120 health is worth to a fire or storm student? That would be able to keep us alive in battle for at least an extra five minutes, meaning we have a higher chance of surviving. Why has everyone who plays wizard101 gotten so greedy?

-Nathaniel Redflame level 47

Squire
May 10, 2013
My level 78 just uses a Deer Knight instead of the storm pet.
It has MUCH more better talents.

Blaze HawkRider Level 78