Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

KI what is wrong with my pet?!!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
I am very upset to the point of putting my Fierce Hound in the trash. That's right, not sell it or trade it; simply throw it in the trash.

My Fierce hound is currently at Ancient and have learned the coveted may-cast life (spritiely) talent. I was very happy that it did since it was a hatched pet and not a first generation Fierce Hound.

But I noticed a very disturbing pattern with my pet. He ONLY cast spritely AFTER the duel has ended or the first and second round when My health is already at 100%! There are times when am down to 200 health points or less and am waiting for the spritiely to kick in but no. This hound is just standing there doing nothing. If I manage to defeat the mob(s) even with such low health, after they callapse and the fight is over, he'll interupt and cast spritely! Like seriously! Are you kidding me? I needed that 3 rounds ago!

Sometimes I try to "encourge" him to cast by using a sprite on myself but no way he casting until the duel is over! What can be done about this? I know it is a selective process but why is my pet stuck with casting at the END of my duels?

I only have one pet with this talent and now it's not even usueful to me! KI can you fix this pet please? I am so frustrated right now. I see other players' pets casting spritely the moment they take a hit while mine is sitting there watching me die or ironically casting the spell after the battle is over. This is not right.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
It is not something that is limited to your pet. That is how spritely works all of the time. I have several pets with the spritely talent and usually have one equipped no matter which wizard I am using. Sometimes they're very helpful and heal you when you need them to. Other times they spam sprites when you're at full health and just drag out the fight.

The most common 'triggers' that I have seen are:

- street mob battles: the bigger your group, the more often they seem to cast
- another pet casts spritely: if another person in your group and their pet casts spritely, your pet will often mimic them
- another person in the group gets attacked: this seems to be the most common trigger; if you're in a group battle and someone gets a massive attack, your pet will often cast a heal. I've gotten a lot of complaints in battle because I only 'heal myself' when others are injured ... hey it wasn't me! lol
- another person in the group heals: just like another pet casting spritely, this will often trigger your pet to heal

Mostly though, it's just random. It's definitely not something you can count on in battle. I like to think of it as a bonus and enjoy it when it happens in a time of need. :)

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Gelwyn wrote:
It is not something that is limited to your pet. That is how spritely works all of the time. I have several pets with the spritely talent and usually have one equipped no matter which wizard I am using. Sometimes they're very helpful and heal you when you need them to. Other times they spam sprites when you're at full health and just drag out the fight.

i know that Spritely is a random talent and that is why i find my pet's actions to be strange. if i do 10 duels, my pet will cast spritely 8 times our of 10 at the END of the duel. I can just expect that spritely after am done, it comes like clock work. i think he's broken.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Mine has done that before too. I've gone several battles in a row with not a single spell cast by my pets - I have pets that cast traps and blades too. This is a common problem with the 'may cast' talents. They are completely random in when the pet will cast them.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
I can relate to this, 85% of the time (not lying, I kid you not) my Fierce Hound will cast Spritely at the beginning or end (very last turn) of the fight.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Try figuring out what triggers your pet, IE, Blizzard, Tempest, Scarecrow, Frost Giant, Storm Lord, Meteor, Any attack actually.

See if your wand will trigger his healing!

They all cast it at different times, but usually have something to trigger them!

Just a suggestion

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Besides the post that listed when they spell spritley is cast, it happens a lot at the end of the battle. Maybe it has something to due with your hound not being 1st generation? o;