Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
Okay, so whenever I go to hatch a new pet in the hatchery it is always an exceedingly high amount of gold and i was wondering why it is so high because it takes forever to get that much gold and its really annoying to me. Can anyone help me out and see why the price is so high?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The high price is because Doctor Pureau has a strict monopoly within the spiral universe. Wait untill you are paying 50,000 gold for a pet hatching that turns sour. I think the other pet stores are in league with Doctor Pureau, because if you try selling an trained pet with fantastic talents that cost 50,000 gold to hatch you only get pocket change.

I have enough pets at my cottage I'm thinking of having a barbeque. You are all invited.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I get at least 80000 gold in 3 minutes. I farm a boss called Halfang Bristlecrown in Vestrilund and all you have to do is use a rank 4 enchanted all enemy attack and you win and get great selling gear.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Higher pedigree, higher cost.
When you become a higher level, the cost actually helps you stay under the gold cap.
My big problem is the results. Last 4 or 5 hatches have resulted in an unwanted talent manifesting by adult.
So that is 150k gold down the tubes or so.
pods