Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatchery Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2018
Hi All,

I'm a relatively new player as returning since like 5+ years ago. I used one of my pets and a kiosk pet today and got the same pet as I had to start off with and lost 32k in process? Mine was Lightning and the other was Death.

I'm confused, I thought you were meant to get a new pet, or am I mistaken? I don't think I will use it again :/

Can someone offer me advise please?

P.s. Never used the hatchery before and they were non crown pets.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
DarkJab on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
Hi All,

I'm a relatively new player as returning since like 5+ years ago. I used one of my pets and a kiosk pet today and got the same pet as I had to start off with and lost 32k in process? Mine was Lightning and the other was Death.

I'm confused, I thought you were meant to get a new pet, or am I mistaken? I don't think I will use it again :/

Can someone offer me advise please?

P.s. Never used the hatchery before and they were non crown pets.
The kiosk works the same as hatching in the hatchery. We have a chance of our pet, their pet, or if we're very lucky a hybrid pet (one that doesn't look like either parent!). Hybrids are only possible with specific combinations of parents.

The main reasons for hatching are:

1. Getting a pet that looks like someone else's pet.
2. Boosting our stats by making a new pet.
3. Changing the talents in our talent pool by making a new pet.

If you want their body type then the way to get it is to just keep hatching with it until you get one that looks like their's. There is no way to guarantee you get a pet that looks like their pet, so just keep trying!

Stats = the numbers next to the bars for strength, agility etc. The highest stats currently available in game are 255, 250, 260, 260, 250 from top to bottom. These affect the potential for any percentage based talent. EG If we manifest* Spell-Proof as we train our pet and fill the stat bars we will see the percentage increase. When our stat bars are filled the percentage will not increase further. If stats are high enough it can give 10% universal resist, but if they are lower it could be much less.

Boosting stats - when we hatch we will get either our own stat, their stat or half way between the two. Hatching is the only way to increase the base stats of our pets.

Talent Pool = the full list of 10 possible talents (20 if we include derby). A pet that does not have Spell-Proof in their pool can not manifest it no matter what we do. Hatching is the only way to get new talents into our pool and undesired ones out.

Hatching is a process and if we hatch with better pets than ours the baby is almost always an improvement. Just because it looks the same doesn't mean it is the same!

*Manifested talents are the talents we have revealed through training and are active on our pet. Unmanifested talents are still part of their talent pool and can be passed to another pet through hatching but they are currently not active on our pet.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
The pet kiosk is a way that lets you shop for other people's pets to hatch with. Every hatch will cost you gold, so in this case you spent $32K gold on a hatch. The higher quality a parent pair, the more gold hatches will cost. In some cases, it'll go as high as $55K!

Whenever you hatch two pets, you will get back a new pet that is a combination of its parents. Your new pet will look like one or the other, but it will have a new combination of talents that came from your pet and the other pet.

In order to get the most out of your new baby pet, you will need to train it up to at least adult. Then you could use it to try and hatch again or you can use it in battle if it has good talents.

To learn more about pet hatching, start here.

https://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-pet-guides/perfect-pvp-pets-part-1/

Don't let the PVP focus worry you, the guide is a great general introduction to pet hatching and training. It will teach you how hatching works and how to get great pet snacks so you can train pets faster.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven