Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatch Trouble

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
I am kind of concerned about the pet pavilions hatching and training system. You see, when I obtain a new pet with a high pedigree and train it well, only to find that the stats i get are very low and only give me an increase in will strength and such. However, everyone i encounter manages to have a very good chance of getting the statistics they want (and, yes, i have been making sure I've been training the right areas for the right stats). Then there is the matter of hatching. I am hatching numerous times with other pets, only to retrieve the same pet consistently. Finally, I get one pet I did want, which happens to be a deer knight. So as i am training my pet, I raise it to adult. The pet gave me nothing in return, and we are back to the same cycle of training once again. It's gotten to the point where very few people will hatch with me because all of my pets stats are weak. I have been hatching and training pets since pet pavilion first came out and i feel that something needs to be done about this.

My Wizard:
David Dragonrider Lvl 65
School: Ice
Pets with problem:Ancient Heckhound "Lucky" Pedigree-45(15), Adult Deer Knight "Sir Vaden" Pedigree-69(12), and numerous other pets I have sold because they were not pets that I wanted and contained low stats despite hatching with very benificial type pets.

*Edit*
Finally something good came good out of it. Not quite the stats i hoped for, but a little better than i was having before

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I really, really don't get it! Why are people always complaining "I didn't get the stats on my pet that i wanted" and "I didn't get the pet in hatching i was hatching for" and all kinds of that stuff, over and over again? That's like you would complain about losing your money in a poker game because you didn't get the right cards! Seriously, why do people complain about luck!? What could KI do if you have bad luck? Most of topic names i see on this section are complaining about pet statistics! If you don't like the system, then pick your best pet by how it helps you in combat, if none of them helps in combat, pick the coolest one and never return to Pet Pavilion again! Or you can simply hatch two of your pets of the highest pedigree over and ovar again, you don't have to hatch with others. Despite that, I am relieved to see that you didn't complain about the huge amount of gold that you spent on the hatching.

Defender
May 19, 2012
How else will KI know how people feel about the different areas of their game if they don't complain? The OP was not rude in his comments and has every right to voice his opinion. :)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
You can always go to an available to mix thread on wizard101central.com. Thats always a great start. Or when a new pet/pack comes out, train it to adult and hatch with some SPUD or SPPUD or SPPD. Then train that. Yes, you may have bad luck, but you aren't the only one buddy. I am in the same boat as you XD