Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hard work no use

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
After hatching my pet several time and implanting the sprite spell into it over many hatches, today it stood there while my opponent killed me and pet was no benefit. looks like somewhere in the pet if your health drops below a certain level it should heal. I am thinking now that the pet is worthless, all the time and effort placed into it and it lets me be killed. I am going to play without a pet for a while and do my own healing. as this looks like how it will be.
The fight was a solo with no help, and in this case you would think the pet is there to help during this time, when you have help it can be understood why the pet doesn't heal, but the pet is suppose to be a help to us not just stand there and let you be killed. The game Boasted about the power the pet would give players, well today I didn't see any. Now I am wondering if the pet is worth carrying. My character is Balance, and has to use pips to fight not heal., So Now I guess we should take crowns and hire help? Why do we have pets that are suppose to heal? I am thinking that in this solo fight you want me to spend crowns to get help, then why do I have a pet that is suppose to give me power? Yet stands there and doesn't help at all.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Healing is a "may" ability meaning it's not guaranteed, but your pet gets a chance every turn of casting a healing spell.

Sometimes you have bad days and your pet "loses the coin toss" and doesn't cast sprite.

With that in mind, I say, keep your pet, because a small chance of an extra heal is better than no chance at all.

And does your pet also give you any static abilities, say a small resistance boost or a mana or health boost? If so, it's better than going into battle with no pet at all.

As for doing your own healing, you should do this anyway pet or no pet. Adjust your deck and sideboard, gear, and wand until you feel confident soloing most encounters. Try a different play style - if you're usually aggressive, try playing conservatively and healing early and often. Or if you're usually turtling up, try doing some hefty early damage before enemies start shielding. This makes them easier to eliminate later.

Either way, you should aim to be self-reliant. The pet is there mainly for its static boosts to your own attributes - a pet that can't cast anything, but gives you 10% school resistance and 5% damage boost, is still well worth it.

Lastly if you really want a pet that heals you a lot find a pet owner whose pet has already manifested spritely, or whose pet gives a healing card at Baby. Hatch with them and cross your fingers.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
2x4 two step on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
After hatching my pet several time and implanting the sprite spell into it over many hatches, today it stood there while my opponent killed me and pet was no benefit. looks like somewhere in the pet if your health drops below a certain level it should heal. I am thinking now that the pet is worthless, all the time and effort placed into it and it lets me be killed. I am going to play without a pet for a while and do my own healing. as this looks like how it will be.
The fight was a solo with no help, and in this case you would think the pet is there to help during this time, when you have help it can be understood why the pet doesn't heal, but the pet is suppose to be a help to us not just stand there and let you be killed. The game Boasted about the power the pet would give players, well today I didn't see any. Now I am wondering if the pet is worth carrying. My character is Balance, and has to use pips to fight not heal., So Now I guess we should take crowns and hire help? Why do we have pets that are suppose to heal? I am thinking that in this solo fight you want me to spend crowns to get help, then why do I have a pet that is suppose to give me power? Yet stands there and doesn't help at all.
Spells like sprite, fairy, unicorn these MAY CAST does not mean they will cast. Most of the end game players will have static resistance pets with other stats and some type of may cast healing common today is sprite and fairy. these may cast when your full health or not cast when your about to die.

When facing hard end game stuff where attacks to multiple players happens, over time hits etc you pet will cast much more.

Trust me later on you pet is about 20-40 % of your wizards ability to live and do hard content.