Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Quest Pets Through Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
Hi, trying to save myself some time if necessary.

I’m a lvl 36 death wizard. Let’s say I want to hatch my pet (acid rain core) with an avenging fossil from the kiosk. Is it actually possible for me to get an avenging fossil pet out of this?

I’m asking just because it would obviously be awesome to have the spells that come with the avenging fossil pet and I really like it, but maybe it’s too good to be true. I wouldn’t be surprised if you can’t get quest pets (meaning pets that you get at a certain level for a specific school) like avenging fossil just from hatching with others.

Is it possible because I’m death? I couldn’t find anything on this since it’s a really oddly specific and hard to word question.

Thanks!

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Do you mean, can you get the quest pet before you're the right level for the quest, if you use the hatchery? Sure. I've a low-level life wizard running about with a kookaburra, and none of my life wizards are even close to high enough for that pet on any of my accounts. My baby balance has a pet my 120 balance hasn't been give the quest for yet.

I'm torn about that. It's cool to have those neat pets early, but I worry that it won't feel like so much of an achievement to finally do the quest and get the pet as a reward because I already have it.