Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feeding - yes, asking again!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2013
Hi there, I feel quite daft, but...I had bought crown snacks and was able to feed them directly to my pet by using Tab: Snacks, clicking on the snack and a Feed Pet option would come up. The option is not coming up and I just bought some! Am I doing something wrong? Step by step, i.e., what Tab should I be on to feed a pet a snack directly? Thank you!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
LunarFireFly on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Hi there, I feel quite daft, but...I had bought crown snacks and was able to feed them directly to my pet by using Tab: Snacks, clicking on the snack and a Feed Pet option would come up. The option is not coming up and I just bought some! Am I doing something wrong? Step by step, i.e., what Tab should I be on to feed a pet a snack directly? Thank you!
I never knew you could do anything except feed them pet snacks after training them in one of the pet games. I know you can feed them items/gear, but not snacks.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think you're confused. Items and seeds can be fed to pets, snacks can only be fed to pets after a training game in the pavillion.

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/november2011#PetFeeding

You have the ability to feed your currently equipped pet any item* that's in your inventory and receive a variety of rewards ranging from gold, to treasure cards, to rare reagents, and sometimes occasionally even pet experience. Every item that is fed to a pet can either return gold, an item, or pet stats.

*excludes other pets, mounts and houses, and of course, this excludes Pet Snacks. Those can only be fed your pet as a reward for playing pet minigames.

Feeding a pet equipment & housing items is done through a simple 'Feed' button that appears next to the ‘Trash’ button in your backpack. You can only feed a pet while it is equipped and you will get a confirmation window similar to the trash button. So start feeding your pets all those extra items that are taking up space in your backpack!

community@wizard101.com