Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Egg dissappeared upon hatch, no pet :(

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I mixed a satyr with a bronze oni on my balance wizard, the egg I got was that of a jade oni and it said it would take around twenty hours to hatch. When the clock ran out the egg simply disappeared without giving a pet. I'm out over fifthty thousand on the disappearing egg hatch.

And that's why we have a customer support team! They can take a look to see where that little one went to.

Just contact them either through email at support@wizard101.com or through the Help & Support section of the website.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I sent in a ticket. None of my banks were full at the time, none of my inventories were full. I had other pets that were hatching around that time also but they were all accounted for. The one egg simply dissappeared and I am aware that Wizard101 said they fixed pets so that players could no longer recieve pets their character can't use. My character upon mixing didn't qualify for either pet that was mixed. The egg was for a pet that my character failed to meet PvP requirements for, and upon hatch it simply disappeared. So, I am thinking that this is a programming error that fails to realize that a character may mix pets even when they qualify to use neither.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
seasnake wrote:
I mixed a satyr with a bronze oni on my balance wizard, the egg I got was that of a jade oni and it said it would take around twenty hours to hatch. When the clock ran out the egg simply disappeared without giving a pet. I'm out over fifthty thousand on the disappearing egg hatch.
This is something quite common. It is a common mistake within the wizard101 server that does the following:
If you have a full backpack and hatch a pet when the egg hatches, it is sent to your wizard bank. If it is not there then obviously either there was a mistake in the game, or the other player got both of the pets. This has happened to many wizards including yours truely and is common enough. Check your bank and sure enough you should find the little jade oni.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
zapadoo wrote:
seasnake wrote:
This is something quite common. It is a common mistake within the wizard101 server that does the following:
If you have a full backpack and hatch a pet when the egg hatches, it is sent to your wizard bank. If it is not there then obviously either there was a mistake in the game, or the other player got both of the pets. This has happened to many wizards including yours truely and is common enough. Check your bank and sure enough you should find the little jade oni.

This wasn't at all common. First of all I recieved an egg after mixing the pets, and was an bronze oni pet. Both the bronze oni and the satyre were pets that my balance character wasn't allowed to recieve during hatching cause from my understanding characters can no longer recieve pets their characters can not use and a satyre is life school only and the the bronze pet was for commanders and warlords and the like and this character hadn't ever played in the PvP arena to rank up in any way. Still I recieved an egg upon hatch and it read with a hatch time of well over twenty hours. The time ran down on the egg just fine and there was no way it would have had any sort of space problem as the egg was already on the character and the character's inventory was far from full (it was around 24/80). Anyway, I sent in a ticket on it and am waiting to hear back.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Balance wizard can get a Bronze Oni and a Satyr - especially if you have a Life wizard on the account.
I don't think Bronze Oni is restricted to Life wizards.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010