Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do stats affect May Cast talents?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
Someone told me that your pet will heal more often if it has 240-250 in intellect and agility. Is this true? Or is it a fixed percentile? And do different pets get different percentiles?

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
It does say on the stat what it affects. I have yet to prove that they make a difference though. Ive tested a few times on MC fairy spell and ive seen a pet with 100 of said stat cast more than one with max, So i seem to think its just random but who knows.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
xxtarinxx on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
Someone told me that your pet will heal more often if it has 240-250 in intellect and agility. Is this true? Or is it a fixed percentile? And do different pets get different percentiles?
No. The "may cast" spells are totally random. Not fixed, not depending on stats. Each pet is an individual (identical pets will not get the same talents all the time).

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
May Cast talents are totally random. These are not will cast talents.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
There's an extremely high amount of speculation and superstition out there regarding pets. Some say training a pet a certain way will increase its chances of getting a talent (such as training agility to get heals). I know that is false. Some say certain breeds of pets heal much more and that life school pets have a 10% bonus to their healing percentile chance. One person even told me if I crafted a set of armor that gave me a boost to the chance of critical hit with life spells, that my pet would critical hit with it's heals sometimes. That turned out to be false as well. Some say pets percentage chance to heal increases as they are involved in fights until it hits a predetermined cap. Others say that telling your pet "Good Boy!" will increase it's likelihood to heal. And so on...

I wish KI would put out a detailed Q&A about pet talents, or if they have and someone knows where it is could they please link to it? I have been unable to find much official information at all regarding such things. Some pets, even if you use them for a month straight, will heal very often and are reliable while others heal hardly ever. It does seem like there is more to it than every pet having the same chance to cast at any given time.

It would also be nice if there were a pet stats potion for sale in the crown shop... ;)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Brave Hounds with spritely: May-cast frequency is defintely not related to the pet's attribute scores or their max values. I spent significant time testing this and found no relationship.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I think it's completely random. I've been in a fight with a boss and took tons of damage and my pet never flinched. But then, me and three other wizards were hit with meteor ONE time and my pet went crazy with spritely, like three of them I think. I don't think there's a rhyme or reason to it.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2012
i have a pet that casts sprite but he never uses it? why is that?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
chrislee1133 on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
i have a pet that casts sprite but he never uses it? why is that?
I have found some pets are more lazy then others.

I have many Spritley pets and find some are better then others at it.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
It seems like some may cast talents have a trigger that activate the possiblity that they MIGHT cast. It is no sure thing that they will cast, but using the appropriate spell, or being hit by one, seems like it increases the chance a pet will cast. I had a pet that was almost never taunting, but I noticed that the times it did cast were in fights where I did a single hit attack. Others tend to blade me or trap for me after I've used a single hit. I have pets that tend to pierce when I cast a trap. An ice pet never used it's stun ability until I used steal to take an enemy's shield. Spritely seems to happen more when the enemy uses a Multi-hit. Ice shield is not cast by my pets with it, until I have been hit by some ice damage. If a trigger that activates a pet's possibility to cast does not occur, or you use that spell very rarely, it seems the pet will not cast much. Because the trigger spells ocurring in a fight can be pretty random due to drawing them at a time they are useful, or not, maybe that is why pet casts are so random seeming. Even if the triggers are not a direct cause of cast, they seem to increase the chance of it happening greatly. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
For a given pet, may-cast talents are activated based on probability. The probability significantly increases with certain triggers and these triggers are different based on the talent.

There is a lot of conflicting opinions regarding may-cast talents, but there is also a fair amount of documented evidence on the internet that indicates the trigger system to be true. I spent many hours confirming that certain may-cast talents are trigger based. They might cast without the trigger, however the probability is low.

Tests of a couple hundred battle rounds using controlled conditions can easily be done by anybody to confirm this.

Wizard101 in game formulaes may have random components, but spell casting, damage, resistance, etc is not "purely random". It is based on probabilities. Based on various conditions things have a greater probability of occouring.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
May casts are random. If you hatch with a pet with a may cast talent you are likely to get that as you train your pet. The joy of hatching..... But it costs a lot lol

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
I have heard others say the probability for pet heals increases as your pet advances to teen, adult, ancient, epic, then mega. I have not seen any indication of that to be true either. I have a lot of friends with adult pets that heal frequently... even more so than my mega dino. Other people have said the chance to cast is modified versus what class your pet is versus the enemies you're battling.

My best pet, as far as talents, is a mega Therizinosaurus with spritely, fairy, sharp shot, pain giver, and unicorn. However, he doesn't heal nearly as often as my epic and mega Emberstone Tigers do, or my epic fragmented dragon. My main wizard is a level 86 Balance and the spells I cast are very consistant... I fight every battle the same way unless it's against a big boss or other balance enemies. I know every May Cast has it's own triggers and have read those on Central. Really though, I have many duplicate and almost duplicate pets from all the hatching and day in and day out, some pets simply cast more often than others with a very high consistancy, so it really seems like it there is a factor given to pets as individuals as a modifier to the base chance for casting. I have 2 pets at mega and probably at least 10 at epic... no idea how many at ancient and adult but a whole lot...

Right now I am trying to work in May Cast Sanctuary to the line... hopefully to replace pain giver. I would rather have 60% heal boosts than 6% extra damage. I just wish there was more detailed information on a technical level for the may cast heals probabilities.