Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death-dealer jewel

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010

My death pet has the death-dealer talent. If I add a death-dealer jewel, will the jewel work or will the talent cancel the jewel out?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
TinkerTrinkets on Jul 21, 2019 wrote:

My death pet has the death-dealer talent. If I add a death-dealer jewel, will the jewel work or will the talent cancel the jewel out?
I don't think it will allow you to add it, but if it does it will be wasted. The jewel will get a red a line through it and the stat won't be counted. We can only have one of each talent.

The reason it sometimes shows as a line through the jewel is because it's possible to train a pet after a jewel has been added. If it manifests the same talent as the jewel it crosses out the jewel so you know it's not affecting the pet any more and can be replaced with something else instead.

I hope this helps!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The jewel usually doesn't work if your pet already has the same talent as the jewel you're trying to place onto it.

So, it's not only in your case for death-dealer, it (the jewel) won't work; it "cancels" out per say.

You can try other jewels though such as the Death-Boon one or Death-Giver if you intend on pursuing a pet focusing on death damage.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
I tried something similar with a pet I didn't need. Turns out it won't let you equip a jewel if your pet already knows the talent.

Thanks for the replies!