Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Card from pet not working?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2012
hi! so I am a necromancer, level 52, and I recently got a void basilisk. It came with the virulent basilisk card (myth school) and it is a card given at baby. I have the pet equipped and the card comes up when in battle however no matter how many pips i have I cannot cast it. I ran into the same issue with my oblivion chimera of not being able to cast the card.
I thought it may be because I was not the same school as the card school so I tested my blazezilla and was able to cast the fire card it came with perfectly fine.
can someone tell me if this is a bug? or if there's a way to fix this? please and thank you!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Do you have a Myth mastery equipped? If not, you won't have enough pips on a non-Myth character.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
The spell is nine pips and is a myth spell. As a death wizard, you can't use power pips to cast it unless you have an amulet or other item granting you the ability to cast power pips with another school.

You can cast a maximum of seven pip spells from schools that you aren't proficient with.