Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can K.I. add a feature to stitch pets PLEASE!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2013
We'd all love & appreciate it if you guys let us stitch our pets with some of those amazing other pets that no one ever uses cause they don't wanna try to get amazing stats on them. (Please let us stitch pets!)

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
For real. It may be annoying that this topic keeps getting posted, but it's because A LOT OF PEOPLE REALLY WANT IT.

I got a Deer Knight pet from the packs, and I would totally stitch it so I have a Ghulture that looks like deer knight (I really want both Deathblade and Feint given cards)

Alternatively, I'd totally be wiilling to give up a talent slot if they added a Give: Deathblade talent, that's how much I love Deer Knight.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
My guess is that they haven't done this yet because you can technically change a particular pet's stats to be anything you want. It would just take a lot of work and luck.

Unfortunately this does overlook the item card(s) that a particular pet "body" comes with. There are pets that I think look really nice, and I would put the work into changing their stats and talent pools, but the cards the pet naturally comes with aren't very useful. The new Snowflake pet which only comes with Frost Beetle item card, for example. Or Snowhoppers which don't give any item card at all.

It therefore would be nice if we could have some kind of pet stitching system. Another idea that might work would be having both an "equipped" pet that gives you your stats and a "display" pet that follows your character. In Pirate101 you have the option of having your firstmate follow you, your pet follow you, or have neither follow you. So maybe you could select a pet in your backpack as a "display" pet in a similar way?

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
I guess this is kind of an unpopular opinion, but I actually enjoy the challenge in having to get whatever talents you want on a different pet. Back in the day, everyone was training up dragons and unicorns and other basic pets to actually have good stats, and it was kind of fun to be like "wow, look at this super powerful imp!" I feel like being able to stich would just take away the challenge and make time spent training pets somewhat pointless.

And as a side note, stitching your robes and stuff makes sense, but I don't really want to think about "stitching" a new pet together lol

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
We seriously need this, along with mount stitching. It is fine to have pets and mounts that are meta, but it's no fun seeing everyone walk around with the exact same pets. I see way too many frillysaur and ghulture in the game, there is absolutely no diversity. I would be completely fine with spending a few hundred crowns for this feature. It would be completely cosmetic too, I see no downside to an addition like this.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
M SilverCollar on Jan 9, 2021 wrote:
I guess this is kind of an unpopular opinion, but I actually enjoy the challenge in having to get whatever talents you want on a different pet. Back in the day, everyone was training up dragons and unicorns and other basic pets to actually have good stats, and it was kind of fun to be like "wow, look at this super powerful imp!" I feel like being able to stich would just take away the challenge and make time spent training pets somewhat pointless.

And as a side note, stitching your robes and stuff makes sense, but I don't really want to think about "stitching" a new pet together lol
No offense, but I don't really understand your reasoning at all. Being able to stitch a pet wouldn't lessen the challenge of getting a pet with good talents by any significant amount. "...make time spent training pets somewhat pointless" what? For any pet regardless of body, you have to spend time and resources to train it, and you have to breed to get the talents you want in the first place.

And to handle the in universe problem of 'stitching' a pet, it can be explained as a transmog potion or something.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
I used to think stitching pets would be a good idea but I've come to the conclusion that it would take away a large aspect of what I and many other player enjoy about pets. Anyone can find interesting pets and anyone can hatch several times with someone to get the talents and pool they want, but putting the effort into creating a new unique pet would just become unappreciated. I have several one of a kind pets, just because I've figured out how to put talents on pets other people never thought possible or tried. Pets are the main reason I continue playing the game after reaching max level on every school character [plus some repeats] Adding a stitching option would leave me no reason to play at all. There's no effort in stitching.