Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

can i get some advice?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
ok. i have a pedigree 81 storm elf with unicorn and pain giver. he has only two rare talents and i know one is snow shield, so i cant get sprite and defy. i also have a pedigree 80 vigilant dragon with spell proof and pain giver with three rare talents still yet to be manifested, a tricky dragon with sprite and sharp shot with several epic talents and two rare, i know one epic is spell proof and another is unicorn, and a rain demon that i'm training hatching training hatching and so on till i get a decent pet. what are my best odds for a good pet. my main hatching pet is a pedigree 65 giraffe with spell proof pain giver and pierce train. what would be the best combo? or should i stick with trying to make a good rain demon? the best i have is a pedigree 75 with snow shield. should i train him to adult and hatch him, and if so which pet? can someone give some insight?
thanks
jason thundersword promethean thaumaturge

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
You will have to decide which abilities you desire before you can move forward.
Once you decide which abilities you want it will become clearer. Your list seems to have many pets that are results of hatching (pedigrees higher than a 1st gen has). Those pets will have abilities from each pet line, and it all depends on what you hatched with. So it is near impossible to determine which pets to hatch.
My suggestion would be to first decide which talents you want, and rank them. Then hatch the two pets that either have them manifested or possibly have them. Keep training to adult and try to add in other talents that you want.
I do not myself pay attention to pedigree, as I do not want most of the epic (card giving) talents. Most of my good pets are in the high 60s, and my perfect (at the moment) pet is a 68. He has pain giver, death giver, proof, sharp shot and spritely.
My way of getting there was to hatch two pets that each had abilities manifested that I desired at adult.
Then weeding out the card giving offspring.
You have too many possibilities as of now and you have to decide which talents you would like.
Pet hatching is time, gold and snack consuming. I probably hatched a couple hundred pets to get where I am at now, maybe more.
pods