Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Brave Hound With No Spirtley

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Hey guys. I recently hatched my Brave Hound with my bro's Velocaraptor. I got a Velocaraptor and my bro got a Brave Hound. Then, he trained it to teen. It, for some reason, didn't learn spritely. So he trained it to adult. Still no spritley! Anyone ever have this happen to you? Please help my bro, he really needs a healing pet!

~ Alura Battleheart, lvl 85
~ Luke Dragonfist, lvl 51, , but loves a lot. (My bro)

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Brave Hounds received from hatches don't always get Spritely. To get it you might have to hatch back again with a parent that has Spritely.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There are 10 talents on each pet. Since we can get up to 5 talents, it's random what we can get. If you and your friend hatched, there is a chance you passed on the sprite and there is a chance that it would manifest as a talent on your friend's pet.

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
The stats that you get when hatching are random just because your pet has it doesn't mean it's going to give it to your Bro on teen on some occasions hope this helps

Jeremy Darksmith 88 pyromancer
When to demons fight there is no backing down"vs
JEFFnJANE

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Alura BH on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys. I recently hatched my Brave Hound with my bro's Velocaraptor. I got a Velocaraptor and my bro got a Brave Hound. Then, he trained it to teen. It, for some reason, didn't learn spritely. So he trained it to adult. Still no spritley! Anyone ever have this happen to you? Please help my bro, he really needs a healing pet!

~ Alura Battleheart, lvl 85
~ Luke Dragonfist, lvl 51, , but loves a lot. (My bro)
Alura BH,

Wherever you heard that Brave Hounds always get Spritely at Teen, they were talking about the big Brave Hound sale 7 or 8 months back. There are many websites where you could browse for healing pets.
Some pets are able to even perform heals such as Pixie and Unicorn.

Thanks,
Miranda Thundergem LVL52

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
The set of talents from the parents is random. It's not guarenteed to learn spritely, it's a 1/20 chance. Sorry about that. I happen to know a good pet that is sure to get spritely, though- a 1st gen. giraffe. Hope this helps!

Destiny Windgem, level 42

Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Like the others have said, you don't always get the expected talent when hatching. Here's an example I just encountered yesterday: I had a Trojan Horse with May Cast Unicorn and Armor Piercer, someone with a Gargoyle hatched with me. Their Gargoyle had May Cast Fortify, Spritely, Fairy Friend, and Spell Defy. I got a Gargoyle back as a result. Training it to teen, I got a talent the other talent didn't earn while training: May Cast Conviction. Then it got Fairy Friend at Adult, So it's all a matter of chance.

Quinn Fairy, Level 12 Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
Well, one time I fought swift arrow in fire cat alley. I got the sprite pet and trained it to teen and it didn't give me spritely. Then I trained to adult and still no spritely. I think it might have been a glitch but I think sometimes these things just happen. Also because of the hatching you did I think you didn't get spritely. Try hatching again with a pet that knows sprite.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
MeganLifeSprite on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Well, one time I fought swift arrow in fire cat alley. I got the sprite pet and trained it to teen and it didn't give me spritely. Then I trained to adult and still no spritely. I think it might have been a glitch but I think sometimes these things just happen. Also because of the hatching you did I think you didn't get spritely. Try hatching again with a pet that knows sprite.
It comes with certain pets.Like the starfish samurai all hounds but heck hound.As well as satyr and much more.