Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Pet for Me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
Hey all!

So I was wondering for quite a bit. Currently I am a lvl. 30 Balance Wizard with my 2nd School being Life. I was wondering if there were any pets that would suit me? I tend to play a bit of a support wizard. But I would like to contribute more to fights so I'm not much of a hindrance to others.

I was thinking of getting either a Oppossum or a Sabertooth pet. But I hear there are better ones out there. I'm not invested completely with all the crazy stats and traits of pets. So some lovely advice would be great.

Thanks all! :D

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
CartoonSqwiggles on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
Hey all!

So I was wondering for quite a bit. Currently I am a lvl. 30 Balance Wizard with my 2nd School being Life. I was wondering if there were any pets that would suit me? I tend to play a bit of a support wizard. But I would like to contribute more to fights so I'm not much of a hindrance to others.

I was thinking of getting either a Oppossum or a Sabertooth pet. But I hear there are better ones out there. I'm not invested completely with all the crazy stats and traits of pets. So some lovely advice would be great.

Thanks all! :D
The exact "kind" of pet is not as important as the stats and talents. It is helpful to have a pet that helps you not get killed, so try to get one that has Spell Proof and Spell Defy.

To increase your damage, try to get a pet that has talents like Balance Giver, Balance Dealer and Pain Bringer.

At lower levels, a pet that casts Unicorn can also be helpful.

Some pets also give helpful cards.
Frontier Dragon is a fun pet that gives a +30% DragonBlade card.

The easiest way to get the pet of your dreams is to hatch with someone who has a pet you like.