Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are these bugs ?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 31, 2010

My friend who is an ice wizard has recently trained his pet starfish. One of the new talents it manifested is ice trap . which gives a +30 ice damage. Now I would think that you could use this on the enemy , however the pet cast this spell against the wizard. Meaning when he is playing against Ice npcs , the pet will help the enemy instead. So he takes a +30 damage to all incoming ice spells. lol . please tell me this has to be a bug . Our pets should not be helping the enemy.

Next is all the pedigree points. If you count the dots now , they dont add up, all they are listing is for either one or two dots. Everyone of my pets trained and untrained all have either one or two dots listed in unmanifested talents. Is this a bug , or did they remove the higher point talents? I dont want to waste time training , if they are only going to manifest common talents.

Thanks

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
MsSandy121 wrote:

My friend who is an ice wizard has recently trained his pet starfish. One of the new talents it manifested is ice trap . which gives a +30 ice damage. Now I would think that you could use this on the enemy , however the pet cast this spell against the wizard. Meaning when he is playing against Ice npcs , the pet will help the enemy instead. So he takes a +30 damage to all incoming ice spells. lol . please tell me this has to be a bug . Our pets should not be helping the enemy.

Next is all the pedigree points. If you count the dots now , they dont add up, all they are listing is for either one or two dots. Everyone of my pets trained and untrained all have either one or two dots listed in unmanifested talents. Is this a bug , or did they remove the higher point talents? I dont want to waste time training , if they are only going to manifest common talents.

Thanks

I think the first is a major glitch, and they should contact Mr. Lincoln.

To the second, they haven't yet fixed the dots, but the ped # should be correct. To determine what level a talent will be, just invert (0 converts to 5, 1 to 4, 2 to 3, etc) and I think they will be right.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
MsSandy121 wrote:

Thanks

I think the first is a major glitch, and they should contact Mr. Lincoln.

To the second, they haven't yet fixed the dots, but the ped # should be correct. To determine what level a talent will be, just invert (0 converts to 5, 1 to 4, 2 to 3, etc) and I think they will be right.
it is so a glitch