Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Annoying Pet Talents!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
I've leveled up what, like 3 or 4 pets? Every single time I level the pets up, it is always a Pet Talent! I know that the talents are random, but please! Every single time! Please let me know why this happens!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
matty960 wrote:
I've leveled up what, like 3 or 4 pets? Every single time I level the pets up, it is always a Pet Talent! I know that the talents are random, but please! Every single time! Please let me know why this happens!

It seems most of the zero, one and two dot pet talents are 'selfish' and the ultra-rare and epic are 'player helpers'. My suggestion is to go big. I bought a sea serpant, now epic, no 'selfish' talents (Sprightly, gives a 'Pierce' card, can cast a pierce card, and +10% to all defenses).

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
matty960 wrote:

It largely depends on the species and pedigree of the pet you are using. Generally, the pets you buy for gold in any of the worlds, or receive free from quests, will have many 'selfish' talents, and won't be as useful (At least to me). However, almost all pets will have at least one beneficial ability in their arsenal (Fire-Shot, Storm Aura, etc.), but it is all up to chance whether or not it actually manifests onto a pet.

Conversely, many pets you obtain from Prepaid Cards, Holiday Shopkeepers, or end-of-world bosses (Meowiarty, Nightshade,etc.), will usually have a high pedigree, more useful talents and perhaps a card right from the get-go.

I wouldn't shell out 15,000 Crowns for a Storm Hound or Sea Dragon pet unless it is of your major School, of course, but at least with those the chances are better.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Thanks, MikeStrath and Luvas! I never thought of that. MikeStrath, I guess I agree with you about the zero,one and two dots being "selfish" and helping the pet instead. Luvas, you make sense with the gold-bought and quest recieved pets being less likely to help, and Prepaid Cards, Holiday Shopkeepers and end-of-world bosses having a better Pedigree,probably having a good Talent.

Thanks, both of you!