Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

50/50 chance of pet type at hatching?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
1
I have been working on making a Clockwork Paladin pet. I gave up on trying to get one from the Kiosk (I had 10 hatches with no Clockwork P. pet). So I farmed it and got one. Right now I am trying to transfer talents from one of my pet's to a Clockwork P. pet. after 20 self hatches with a Web Master the only pet I got back was a Web Master not a Clockwork Paladin .... What am I doing wrong? I was told it was a 50/50 chance of the pet you get back, but these RNG seem out of whack . Am I just having really bad luck I hate spending crowns only to find out it is not possible. Please let me know if other factors are effecting it. Thank you.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2020
2
furgy81 on Feb 10, 2021 wrote:
I have been working on making a Clockwork Paladin pet. I gave up on trying to get one from the Kiosk (I had 10 hatches with no Clockwork P. pet). So I farmed it and got one. Right now I am trying to transfer talents from one of my pet's to a Clockwork P. pet. after 20 self hatches with a Web Master the only pet I got back was a Web Master not a Clockwork Paladin .... What am I doing wrong? I was told it was a 50/50 chance of the pet you get back, but these RNG seem out of whack . Am I just having really bad luck I hate spending crowns only to find out it is not possible. Please let me know if other factors are effecting it. Thank you.
Based on my personal experience, a majority of the time, you would likely get your pet back. It's RNG so I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
817
No, it isn't always a 50/50 chance. Some pets are very 'sticky' -- you get them a lot, while others are hard to get. It's chance, but not an even chance. I've needed 10 tries to get a species.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
204
hi, i have no proof but the chance are not 50/50 most of the time.
i observed (since i started play) crown only pet hatch 20% of the time against non crown only
when an hybrid is possible the chance became 40/40/20 for the hybrid
high pedigree form win often (if crown only vs crown only and non crown against non crown)
80 vs 45 the 80 happen like 75/25
hatching with kiosk seems to give 50/50 but with another player seems it go for 65% to the other one pet and 35% to yours
school only pet of your school are at 70/30 for you but if its another school its 0/100 (if hybrid 0/75/25)

these number are not official and many update happened so thats probably wrong but thats fit good with my pets so thats enough to have a good idea for me.

i recommend you to work on the talent you want and then hatching for the appearence cuz it's seems unlocked talent have more chance to show again 75/25