Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Judgment Pet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
74
Judgment Pet
I feel the same way. My hydra is so much more powerful than my judge.

my epic hydra gives: pip, attack, accuracy and a weakness card

my epic judge: attack, accuracy, mana and maycast weakness.

I've even seen them give maycast sprite, but all other things were garbage.

I even hatched it with other pets, I got a fire judge, and a life judge, and they are still weaker than my hydra.

this pet comes with 2 epic slots, but good luck unlocking them, i didnt even get one of them, maybe if I did, it would've been stronger.

a mana gift for a level 58 pet is garbage, mana for a pet should be given as a level 10 pet, the pig should give you this. I already have 500 mana, why do I need my pet to give me more. she hardly ever maycast the weakness card, maybe once per battle witch is nothing. the card is ok, but the dispell after the fact is silly. I've used it, and she dispells the wrong thing most of the time lol. she will put 2 ice dispell on a fire enemy for example.

I'm very disapointed i cant use this pet, and i still have my hydra equiped, but thats the life of chance in this game. good luck with yours.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1204
Re: Judgment Pet
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't go in this part of the Forum much, so forgive me if this is a repeat thread. As the title suggests, I'm here to talk about my Sorcerer's Judgment pet. After the epic and grueling battle with the quest's boss and waiting 24 hours for the egg to hatch, I finally was able to equip my Judgment pet. It was remarkably designed, but what annoyed me was the excuse for a spell it offers. For 6 pips I can cast "Mighty" Judgment, an attack that deals 640 damage and puts 2 random dispels on one target. Are you kidding me? How is this in any way useful, especially since with one more power pip I could cast Ra and probably do the same amount of damage to all my opponents? The second thing that annoyed me is the fact that this spell is the only benefit from this pet. My Hydra pet came with a boosted version of Hydra and +5% power pip chance, so please explain to me how this Judgment pet is worth its title of Lvl. 58 pet when it's clearly a step down from the Lvl. 48 pet? I would normally just forget it and move on, but I actually like the look of my Judgment pet and would like to be able to choose between my Hydra and my Judgment. I think a good compromise would be to make the card an AOE and dispel 1 random spell instead of 2. Anyone agree?

Note: If you're defending Mighty Judgment, I ask that you please not mention charms, wards, or spell buffs of any kind. I also ask that you not mention Pet Derby or training benefits (I don't compete in Derby races and I don't train my pets because I find the minigames really tedious and boring).


I hate the talents that are on the Judgement pet at they are only of real use to low level players. Oh wow, a gargantuan card talent (I already have gargantuan learned), a critical chance bubble (already have thattoo), etc., all cards useless to my legendary Balance, but very useful for my low level characters that shouldn't even have use of those cards.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1352
Re: Judgment Pet
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't go in this part of the Forum much, so forgive me if this is a repeat thread. As the title suggests, I'm here to talk about my Sorcerer's Judgment pet. After the epic and grueling battle with the quest's boss and waiting 24 hours for the egg to hatch, I finally was able to equip my Judgment pet. It was remarkably designed, but what annoyed me was the excuse for a spell it offers. For 6 pips I can cast "Mighty" Judgment, an attack that deals 640 damage and puts 2 random dispels on one target. Are you kidding me? How is this in any way useful, especially since with one more power pip I could cast Ra and probably do the same amount of damage to all my opponents? The second thing that annoyed me is the fact that this spell is the only benefit from this pet. My Hydra pet came with a boosted version of Hydra and +5% power pip chance, so please explain to me how this Judgment pet is worth its title of Lvl. 58 pet when it's clearly a step down from the Lvl. 48 pet? I would normally just forget it and move on, but I actually like the look of my Judgment pet and would like to be able to choose between my Hydra and my Judgment. I think a good compromise would be to make the card an AOE and dispel 1 random spell instead of 2. Anyone agree?

Note: If you're defending Mighty Judgment, I ask that you please not mention charms, wards, or spell buffs of any kind. I also ask that you not mention Pet Derby or training benefits (I don't compete in Derby races and I don't train my pets because I find the minigames really tedious and boring).


Lets see. A normal judge with 6 pips does only 600 damage base, no extra effect. a mighty judge does 40 more damage PLUS two dispels. Also, the Judge has a higher pedigree then hydra, you just had tough luck with the talents. you can also collect a topaz kraken and a fiery judge from mixing with pets, and you can train those for spritely.

Also, does Ra have the dispel feature that the might judge card provides? might judgement could have been 8 pips with dispel, but Ki went fair with you and made it only 6. Be happy with what you got, considering some people have pets with selfish talents.

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm


Survivor
Nov 13, 2010
35
Re: Judgment Pet
ok, its not about how the pet looks and what card it gives, (and btw, mighty judgement is a great spell) its about THE TALENTS, judgement pet has better talents then any of the other level 58 pets, which makes it BETTER then the others, and mighty judgement can be very useful in the arena.
the judgement pet gives good talents, better then the others, so dont be complaining about the pet. and also, as i have said on that one gardening post, so what if the pet games are boring, i have lots of ancient adult and 2 epic pets. its boring, but worth it, just listen to some music or something while doing the game and it makes it less boring if you listen to something you like. and if that isnt enough for you, buy some mega snack packs or farm for them in nastrond and waterworks, they make pet training way faster.
sooooo, yea, long story short judgement is a great pet with a good card and talents, looks pretty cool even though that doesnt matter much, and to train it just farm for some megas or, get 5 bucks and buy the crowns to get a mega snack pack. oh and also, when you get to adult you can hatch with other level 58 pets to get mixes that can have other cards too. hope this helped.

Antonio Griffinflame, legendary pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Re: Judgment Pet
Ronster55 wrote:
Lets see. A normal judge with 6 pips does only 600 damage base, no extra effect. a mighty judge does 40 more damage PLUS two dispels. Also, the Judge has a higher pedigree then hydra, you just had tough luck with the talents. you can also collect a topaz kraken and a fiery judge from mixing with pets, and you can train those for spritely.

Also, does Ra have the dispel feature that the might judge card provides? might judgement could have been 8 pips with dispel, but Ki went fair with you and made it only 6. Be happy with what you got, considering some people have pets with selfish talents.

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm



I specifically said do not mention anything regarding training or racing in defending Mighty Judgment because I don't waste my time with that nonsense. Way to follow simple directions. Mighty Judgment does 40 more damage than regular Judgment. Wow, what a staggering difference! I missed the part where I should care. Also, Ra has the potential to deal the same amount of damage to all enemies, but I can see how Mighty Judgment is automatically better because it puts two dispels on target even though, as tEKNIq1979 mentioned, this effect has a very small chance of actually being useful. Don't tell me to "be happy with what I got" because you think what I got was better than what you got when it probably isn't.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
196
Re: Judgment Pet
Here's a list of known talents:
Gargantuan Item Card
Vengeance Item Card
Balance Attack Boost
Balance Accuracy Boost
Balance Defense Boost
May Cast Weakness
Power Pip Boost
Health Boost
Mana Boost
Not sure what #10 is...

Either way, there are NO "selfish" talents- the ones that boost your pet's stats- so there's no chance it'll end up like my poor Epic Hydra- 3 selfish talents and it can't get matched in the Derby.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
90
Re: Judgment Pet
seasnake wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't go in this part of the Forum much, so forgive me if this is a repeat thread. As the title suggests, I'm here to talk about my Sorcerer's Judgment pet. After the epic and grueling battle with the quest's boss and waiting 24 hours for the egg to hatch, I finally was able to equip my Judgment pet. It was remarkably designed, but what annoyed me was the excuse for a spell it offers. For 6 pips I can cast "Mighty" Judgment, an attack that deals 640 damage and puts 2 random dispels on one target. Are you kidding me? How is this in any way useful, especially since with one more power pip I could cast Ra and probably do the same amount of damage to all my opponents? The second thing that annoyed me is the fact that this spell is the only benefit from this pet. My Hydra pet came with a boosted version of Hydra and +5% power pip chance, so please explain to me how this Judgment pet is worth its title of Lvl. 58 pet when it's clearly a step down from the Lvl. 48 pet? I would normally just forget it and move on, but I actually like the look of my Judgment pet and would like to be able to choose between my Hydra and my Judgment. I think a good compromise would be to make the card an AOE and dispel 1 random spell instead of 2. Anyone agree?

Note: If you're defending Mighty Judgment, I ask that you please not mention charms, wards, or spell buffs of any kind. I also ask that you not mention Pet Derby or training benefits (I don't compete in Derby races and I don't train my pets because I find the minigames really tedious and boring).


I hate the talents that are on the Judgement pet at they are only of real use to low level players. Oh wow, a gargantuan card talent (I already have gargantuan learned), a critical chance bubble (already have thattoo), etc., all cards useless to my legendary Balance, but very useful for my low level characters that shouldn't even have use of those cards.


I agree. I was hoping I would get Spritely by the time I hit Epic, but all i got were three talents that could be found on a pet Dragon and a Weakness which is hardly ever casted.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Re: Judgment Pet
apdog4 wrote:
ok, its not about how the pet looks and what card it gives, (and btw, mighty judgement is a great spell) its about THE TALENTS, judgement pet has better talents then any of the other level 58 pets, which makes it BETTER then the others, and mighty judgement can be very useful in the arena.
the judgement pet gives good talents, better then the others, so dont be complaining about the pet. and also, as i have said on that one gardening post, so what if the pet games are boring, i have lots of ancient adult and 2 epic pets. its boring, but worth it, just listen to some music or something while doing the game and it makes it less boring if you listen to something you like. and if that isnt enough for you, buy some mega snack packs or farm for them in nastrond and waterworks, they make pet training way faster.
sooooo, yea, long story short judgement is a great pet with a good card and talents, looks pretty cool even though that doesnt matter much, and to train it just farm for some megas or, get 5 bucks and buy the crowns to get a mega snack pack. oh and also, when you get to adult you can hatch with other level 58 pets to get mixes that can have other cards too. hope this helped.

Antonio Griffinflame, legendary pyromancer


*sigh* Again, as I said before, do not mention anything having to do with training or racing because I have better stuff to do than waste my time doing stupid minigames in the Pavillion. Follow simple directions. Since your entire post consists of what I specifically said not to do, I have no choice but to disregard it.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Re: Judgment Pet
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Here's a list of known talents:
Gargantuan Item Card
Vengeance Item Card
Balance Attack Boost
Balance Accuracy Boost
Balance Defense Boost
May Cast Weakness
Power Pip Boost
Health Boost
Mana Boost
Not sure what #10 is...

Either way, there are NO "selfish" talents- the ones that boost your pet's stats- so there's no chance it'll end up like my poor Epic Hydra- 3 selfish talents and it can't get matched in the Derby.


Really?! Does anyone read? To get these talents I have to train my pet right? Well, read the note.

Astrologist
May 22, 2009
1104
Re: Judgment Pet
It seems to me you got your hydra before the pet update which was why it came with the 5% power pip and teen level. If you had gotten it after the update it would not have that power pip talent unless you trained it. Now compare the post pet update hydra as a baby with no power pip to the judgment. I think the judgment is better because it gives more than attack.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life
Hannah Earthbreaker level 60 Balance

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
17
Re: Judgment Pet
I guess I can see your point about the actual spell... Hydra does a total of 660 damage compared to Judgement's 640 (which I thought was 440, but I'm not sure). But I have to say this: your complaining that this pet's damage is only added by 40, when really Hydra's was in fact only added by a total of 120 damage. This may sound pretty good, but think of it this way- Hydra does three attacks doing 220 each. That makes blades and clothing boosts do less. I have to agree with you that the chances of getting a dispel you need are like 1 or 2/7, but if you get lucky... Well, you would be happy then.

And hey, I don't know why exactly your just shoving talets aside, but half of them are at least decent. I will say no more.

Kyle Thundershard, Legendary Sorcerer
"Without balance, there is only chaos."

Oh and by the way tEKNIq1979,
I've used it, and she dispells the wrong thing most of the time lol. she will put 2 ice dispell on a fire enemy for example.

At least they won't shield.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
659
Re: Judgment Pet
superluther wrote:
It seems to me you got your hydra before the pet update
Actually you must have lucked out twice, because my pet judgement's mighty judgement card only says it does 440 damage (not 640) plus the 2 random dispels for 6 pips. i still like mine but, as per your instructions, i won't post why. the spell it comes with is pretty sad, i agree. then again i'm not fond of the hydra spell, either. -corwin sandstalker, legendary sorcerer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Re: Judgment Pet
Wow, I feel silly. I got the card wrong; it actually does 440 damage, not 640. If anything this is worse. Anyway, I've fixed the original post and it now shows the accurate amount of damage Mighty Judgment deals. I apologize for the confusion; I haven't been playing Wizard101 since a new expansion pack for another certain game I'm obsessed with came out a couple of days ago, or I would've caught this earlier.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Re: Judgment Pet
kyky77 wrote:
I guess I can see your point about the actual spell... Hydra does a total of 660 damage compared to Judgement's 640 (which I thought was 440, but I'm not sure). But I have to say this: your complaining that this pet's damage is only added by 40, when really Hydra's was in fact only added by a total of 120 damage. This may sound pretty good, but think of it this way- Hydra does three attacks doing 220 each. That makes blades and clothing boosts do less. I have to agree with you that the chances of getting a dispel you need are like 1 or 2/7, but if you get lucky... Well, you would be happy then.

And hey, I don't know why exactly your just shoving talets aside, but half of them are at least decent. I will say no more.

Kyle Thundershard, Legendary Sorcerer
"Without balance, there is only chaos."

Oh and by the way tEKNIq1979,
I've used it, and she dispells the wrong thing most of the time lol. she will put 2 ice dispell on a fire enemy for example.

At least they won't shield.


Sorry, I just went on my account to check. It does deal 440 damage. That means a normal Judgment with 6 pips would deal 160 more damage than Mighty Judgment. In lieu of this significant difference, Mighty Judgment casts 2 random dispels. As you said, I would be happy when this actually works in my favor, but the odds one random dispel would work in my favor arw very, very low. The odds that both random dispels work in my favor are even slimmer. Although casting two ice dispels on a Fire monster would disable them from casting Ice Shield twice (and that would come in handy in Dragonspyre), I don't second in Ice, so that doesn't do much for me. An attack shouldn't count on luck to be effective (this is why I despise Wild and Insane Bolt), but just for the record I'm very unlucky when it comes to this game.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Re: Judgment Pet
etherchaos wrote:
superluther wrote:
It seems to me you got your hydra before the pet update
Actually you must have lucked out twice, because my pet judgement's mighty judgement card only says it does 440 damage (not 640) plus the 2 random dispels for 6 pips. i still like mine but, as per your instructions, i won't post why. the spell it comes with is pretty sad, i agree. then again i'm not fond of the hydra spell, either. -corwin sandstalker, legendary sorcerer


First, thank you so much for following my instructions. I was starting to wonder why no one read the post in its entirety. Anyway, as I said before I was wrong; it is 440. I like Hydra because with that I feel like I'm getting what I waited for. With the blade, traps, and everything else, it does major damage in 3 different schools of magic. Mighty Judgment is just an overexpensive version of the original with half the usefulness.

Defender
Aug 10, 2010
176
Re: Judgment Pet
I agree that the spell on the Judgement pet could have been better, you'll get no defending of it from me, but really, unless you play with a very small deck, you won't see your pet's card often enough to make it a real part of your strategy, so what's the problem?

An untrained pet is simply decoration.

Why don't you just get a Jade Oni and be done with it?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1473
Re: Judgment Pet
af6at wrote:
I agree that the spell on the Judgement pet could have been better, you'll get no defending of it from me, but really, unless you play with a very small deck, you won't see your pet's card often enough to make it a real part of your strategy, so what's the problem?

An untrained pet is simply decoration.

Why don't you just get a Jade Oni and be done with it?


I have no room in my deck for useless spells. It might not seem like one card makes the difference, but it does to me. In fact, when I had my Judgment pet equipped the card would come up in my deck all the time; it's almost never at the bottom of my deck as you suggest. Now, I would train my pet if training wasn't such time-consuming torture. I have 5 other wizards I'd like to see become Legendary before Christmas and I don't have the time, or the patience, to train pets. I would get a Jade Oni, but I don't believe in buying my way out of every problem.

Defender
Aug 10, 2010
176
Re: Judgment Pet
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets asked "If you're Legendary, why do you only have a starter deck?" I keep my deck torn down to the bare essentials, kind of a "conservation of movement" thing.
The only pet I equip unless it's for show is a talented piggle that I hatched that gives me a dragonblade (+30% balance blade) and by training, it gives my accuracy a boost to over 100% (totally fizzle-proof) and boosts my damage to +75%

Maybe I'll see you in the spiral:

Logan Skullrider
Legendary Sorcerer