Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Returning player with an observation/in need of advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
Hi all! This is my first post on these message boards, so please excuse any lapses in message board etiquette I may not be aware of lol. My highest level wizard that I always play is a level 68 ice wizard, and I’ve been noticing as I’ve gotten to this slightly higher level place that higher level wizards than myself have been really rude to players at a similar level as myself. I’ve had so many experiences recently in dungeons and boss battles where the players I team up with are rude and belittling to me and the other wizards on our team, saying we’re not strong enough, making fun of our stats, and ordering us to cast specific spells that we might not even have available to us at that time, when all we’re trying to do is go through our quests. I really enjoy this game and I love getting to fight with other wizards on my team, but I’m becoming discouraged by the encounters I’ve had. Because of this, I made a new wizard the other day to start the game over, and I was shocked by the level of kindness and team spirit I was welcomed with by the lower level players questing in Wizard City. I guess what I’m asking is, has anyone else had this experience, and what can I do to make it better? I want to be able to play my ice wizard and advance in the game without feeling discouraged after every big fight. Is this a common occurrence once people start leveling up? Any wisdom, input, or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
muffinscrazy76 on Jun 25, 2022 wrote:
Hi all! This is my first post on these message boards, so please excuse any lapses in message board etiquette I may not be aware of lol. My highest level wizard that I always play is a level 68 ice wizard, and I’ve been noticing as I’ve gotten to this slightly higher level place that higher level wizards than myself have been really rude to players at a similar level as myself. I’ve had so many experiences recently in dungeons and boss battles where the players I team up with are rude and belittling to me and the other wizards on our team, saying we’re not strong enough, making fun of our stats, and ordering us to cast specific spells that we might not even have available to us at that time, when all we’re trying to do is go through our quests. I really enjoy this game and I love getting to fight with other wizards on my team, but I’m becoming discouraged by the encounters I’ve had. Because of this, I made a new wizard the other day to start the game over, and I was shocked by the level of kindness and team spirit I was welcomed with by the lower level players questing in Wizard City. I guess what I’m asking is, has anyone else had this experience, and what can I do to make it better? I want to be able to play my ice wizard and advance in the game without feeling discouraged after every big fight. Is this a common occurrence once people start leveling up? Any wisdom, input, or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hearing this breaks my heart!

If you ever encounter bullying or otherwise people not being kind, you can always report them! We try our best to keep the game as family friendly and a safe space for all wizards!

I'm happy to hear you are having a better experience questing once again with a new wizard! I hope it stays that way and maybe you can revisit your ice and save the Spiral!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Alas, this far more normal than it should be. It is not the condition of MOST players let me stress. By-and-large I find there to be more 'good' wizards than bad.

That said, when you encounter a BAD wizard it is enough to make you want to quit. I do not have my friendly wizard icon turned on for this reason. I avoid interacting with random wizards as well. I would rather NOT open myself up to the random person in order to avoid the very thing you have complaints about. I solo, quest with my kids, or interact with a trusted social media fan group.

I would recommend finding a W101 group on social media and hanging out with them to get to know that community (Discord, Facebook, Twitter). IF the community you've found is helpful and welcoming then ask for help from members of that group first before joining up with random wizards.

Alas, as good as KI is at monitoring the situation they cannot be everywhere at all times. And there are also troll that play that delight in false reporting.

Hopefully Guilds will go a long way towards allowing us to contact out trustworthy friends even when they are not online.