Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Returning player choosing a school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Hey everyone! I just returned after about 2 years. I've been testing out schools but having a really hard time finding one to stick with. I want good solo capabilities mostly. I was wondering if you guys have suggestions? I have a 101 death school but have only been using him for gardening. Any thoughts or tips?

Administrator
Matheyu on Jan 30, 2020 wrote:
Hey everyone! I just returned after about 2 years. I've been testing out schools but having a really hard time finding one to stick with. I want good solo capabilities mostly. I was wondering if you guys have suggestions? I have a 101 death school but have only been using him for gardening. Any thoughts or tips?
Welcome back to the Spiral, Matheyu!

Death is a good start, perhaps Fire as well. Let's see who else has a suggestion!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I started playing with an Ice wizard long ago, but I found it a bit difficult, so now I always play as a Storm wizard.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
A good school to solo with will definitely be as Sparck mentioned.

This school is the best all rounder in terms of damage, accuracy, and defenses.

I definitely suggest giving it a try.

You can also try too, it is a bit harder to use though, especially at lower levels due to the school's accuracy, but treasure cards that improves accuracy such as sniper and keen eyes are a big help.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
death is good for solo play.
life is good for solo just be rdy for long battles
ice can be good but they have low damage and it can be hard to gain to hang of it but as time gose on it get easy
balance is great well round class good for solo and makes it easy to get past most enemy blocks.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2019
Welcome back! I just returned a few months back after a 5 year absence, myself.
The storm wizards I have been able to play with in game, are total amazing maniacs. They hit hard and fast and the higher levels (can) kill in one hit. They have great global spells (meaning hit all enemies at one time and not just one by one) and the higher levels have some very cool spell cards. If I had to go into a challenging battle, I would want a storm wizard along. Fire wizards are really good too.

Amber

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Death is a strong school for solo questing.

Since you have your Death wizard up to level 101, why not level him all the way up and collect all the new gear for him.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
when i started i chose myth, it's a good school if you want that, fire and storm are very good too.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2013
Hi! First off you should look at what type of player you are. I think best solo wizards are Fire, Death, Myth, and Storm. Life is pretty good when soloing but not great. Ice and Balance in my opinion are not great for soloing. I wouldn't choose Ice, Life, or balance. I would do Fire.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
Honestly it depends on what you want to do. I started as an Ice wizard and I found it very challenging. If I were you, I would choose either Death or Balance. Death is a great option because it is very easy to survive as a Death. You get many drain spells that will let you hit and half that damage will go to heal yourself. Many will disagree with me on this one, but I believe balance is a very good school to start on as well. Since it is primarily it a support school, you will require a partner to quest a lot of the time. This allows you to make friends more than you would as a death wizard because you can solo everything. However, all the schools have their own advantages and disadvantages and no school is necessarily a bad school.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2017