Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not a new player, but curious about billing emails

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 10, 2013
I've been playing this game for a long time and have had memberships quite a bit. Recently I got a one month to get back into the game. The game then stopped working on my computer about a week and a half later. Not the games fault of course (i hope). I cancelled my subscription yesterday as it was going to be renewed today. I then checked my bank this afternoon to see they took the money out anyways. I've messaged them already, so hopefully they give me a refund.
Now for my actual question. Do any of you who have memberships get an email before they take money out of your account? Am I alone in not getting a notification about being charged?
Have you had a similar experience?

This is a wonderful game most of the time, I have so many wonderful memories and hours put into it. I hate to be so incredibly angry about this. Sure its only ten dollars, but that's ten dollars I could spend on groceries or gas, that I was going to use for those things anyways.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
musicislife2 on Mar 27, 2019 wrote:
I've been playing this game for a long time and have had memberships quite a bit. Recently I got a one month to get back into the game. The game then stopped working on my computer about a week and a half later. Not the games fault of course (i hope). I cancelled my subscription yesterday as it was going to be renewed today. I then checked my bank this afternoon to see they took the money out anyways. I've messaged them already, so hopefully they give me a refund.
Now for my actual question. Do any of you who have memberships get an email before they take money out of your account? Am I alone in not getting a notification about being charged?
Have you had a similar experience?

This is a wonderful game most of the time, I have so many wonderful memories and hours put into it. I hate to be so incredibly angry about this. Sure its only ten dollars, but that's ten dollars I could spend on groceries or gas, that I was going to use for those things anyways.
Cancelling membership will prevent the money from being requested from the bank but it can not stop a request that has already been made and is being processed. It's important to cancel at least a few days before the renewal to prevent this happening. I assure you, KI did not take the money after you cancelled, the transaction was already being processed.

As to email notification - I don't think I get any notification before my membership renews. I got an email once when I'd got a new card so the old details failed to work...which I was very appreciative of because I managed to renew in time for the discount and without having an unintended break. I'm pretty sure they only email if there is an issue.

Have you tried deleting the download and reinstalling it? Sometimes there can be a bug that stops the download working correctly and a fresh install can fix it. I hope you get W101 working again and can enjoy the membership even though you bought it in error.